Can i make a plain like dimension/biome

Started by Mr Crabr on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:17, 13. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can i make a plain like dimension/biome

So, whenever i try to make a dimension/biomes in MCreator 2024.2, it makes those huge mountains everywhere and i would like to know if there is any way to remove or at least reduce the differences in height in the biome since i'm trying to make something relatively flat.
Thanks in advance

Last seen on 22:18, 17. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
To change it for a biome,…
Fri, 09/13/2024 - 15:31

To change it for a biome, you need to change the biome's generation settings in the MCreator biome creation interface, as they determine where it generates in the world.

To change it for a dimension, you need to modify the dimension's generation code in the custom code editor, so that way it will generate with a lower maximum height or height variation value.

Last seen on 16:17, 13. Sep 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Folloup question, how would…
Fri, 09/13/2024 - 16:01

Folloup question, how would i use the custom code editor to change the dimension generation?

Last seen on 22:18, 17. Sep 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For how to use the code…
Fri, 09/13/2024 - 18:22

For how to use the code editor, just highlight your dimension in the Workspace/Mod Elements tab of the main MCreator interface, then click on the Edit Code of Selected Mod Element button on the left sidebar(make sure to lock the code as well with the button below it).

For what exactly to do in the code editor, I really don't know. My advice would be to just experiment with changing different numbers until you find generation settings that you like. Just make sure to back up any worlds you care about in case the code edits mess things up.

Last seen on 12:56, 17. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The only settings you need…
Sat, 09/14/2024 - 16:45

The only settings you need to alter to affect dimension generation would be the initial density without jaggedness and the final density. Use Misode to view how your biomes would spawn in your altered dimension or you can make the dimension completely on Misode and copy the code from there into your dimension.json. Also changing and locking dimension code means that you cant alter your biomes without doing it manually in the dimension code or by unlocking it.