How to make new blocks that can be spread by sculk catalyst, similar to the sculk sensor and sculk shrieker?

Started by Soptsign555 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:49, 6. Oct 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make new blocks that can be spread by sculk catalyst, similar to the sculk sensor and sculk shrieker?

so I'm planning on making a new mod which compliments the caves and cliffs update, but there's one teensy problem - I was planning on adding a couple new sculk blocks, and I wanted them to be generatable by the sculk catalyst like the sculk sensor and sculk shrieker are. I just don't know how to do that.

it might just be a tag and I'm looking like an idiot or it might be impossible, but does anyone know how to do this? if so, please tell me, because I really, REALLY can't continue my mod's development since it just won't work without it.

while I'm at it, does anyone know how to make another block which acts like the sculk catalyst? I was planning on having some sort of other corruption, similar to sculk, but different in its own right that it isn't a direct copy. just to keep it simple, I'll refer to it here as corro. if someone could please inform me on how to do all of these things, I would be forever grateful.

Last seen on 21:34, 6. Oct 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If im not mistaken, you…
Sun, 10/06/2024 - 21:34

If im not mistaken, you should be able to make a new procedure to do that. You can make after a certain amount of ticks, replace blocks around the starter block. Like in the block procedures do every () ticks, replace blocks with (). Im not very good at mcreator myself, but im pretty sure this would work.

If you get it figured out, your welcome. If not, im sorry XD

Last seen on 22:15, 6. Oct 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
if that's for the catalyst,…
Sun, 10/06/2024 - 22:12

if that's for the catalyst, it'd kinda work, but I wanted something similar to the sculk catalyst, in which it spawns a charge and spreads blocks that way when something gets killed near it.

Last seen on 22:34, 6. Oct 2024
Joined Sep 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That i wouldn't fully be…
Sun, 10/06/2024 - 22:35

That i wouldn't fully be able to tell you. Maybe add a custom wave particle to admit whenever a mob is in the area or dies. Otherwise i wouldn't know what to tell ya.

Last seen on 22:49, 6. Oct 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
thanks anyway. I'm probably…
Sun, 10/06/2024 - 22:49

thanks anyway. I'm probably going to scrap this mod idea soon, since I've just had way too much trouble with the entire sculk catalyst and corro catalyst things. if I can get help with the sculk catalyst, I'll probably just ditch the entire idea of corro catalysts, corro, corro vein, corro tendrils, corro gallolamps, corro geysers, and corro jewel clusters. I'll probably also ending up implementing the scrapped features as sculk gallolamps, sculk geysers, and echo jewel clusters.