Spawn friendly HOSTILE mobs that ATTACK other hostile mobs?

Started by RataDeOrdenador on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:32, 24. Mar 2016
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Spawn friendly HOSTILE mobs that ATTACK other hostile mobs?

Hello there... I should just introduce myself somewhere...Idunno

Anyways,I've been trying to start a mod (This also helps me learn coding AND most importantly,spriting),and well,I wanted to (as a start) right-click with a specific item on the ground and spawn a friendly zombie that could attack other hostile mobs (spiders,skeletons,zombies,creepers,etc...)

The thing is,if I spawn THAT zombie,I GUESS it's not going to be friendly,right? (Haven't tried anything right now. I'm just here,with the events)

So,if I want to work on that idea,should I make a ton of events (if possible)? Or just go with a custom code? If so,any tips of where I should start? ;X

Minecraft 1.8.9,if ANYONE'S GOING TO ASK! I dunno... It may help,perhaps? I dunno? Yay?

OwO

Last seen on 16:05, 15. Nov 2020
Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, as long as you don't
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 20:51

Well, as long as you don't make that friendly zombie hostile, and from what I understand, depending on the AI you set, it will attack hostile mobs.

Last seen on 15:32, 24. Mar 2016
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE:Well, as long as you don't
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 23:41

@#1 Ok...?

I just asked if it's possible to do this WITH MCREATOR itself (just adding variables and such),or if I have to edit some of the code itself.. you know: get my hands dirty and such...

And no,the zombie/skeleton/whatever would be friendly to the player,24/7,even if you attack him. BUT will be hostile to other hostile mobs.

but that "turn them hostile if you hit them" sounds cool... just like the wolves. right?

Last seen on 00:44, 29. Nov 2022
Joined Dec 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
it can be done with mcreator.
Mon, 03/21/2016 - 23:49

it can be done with mcreator. all you have to do is make a mob that looks like a zombie and when you add a custom AI just make it atack the mobs that you want it to atack.

Last seen on 17:53, 3. Oct 2016
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Set it to both act
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 10:47

Set it to both act aggressively twords and attack on collide with any mob you want it to kill. There is no real way to keep it by the players side as of yet without coding custom java.

Last seen on 17:53, 3. Oct 2016
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No way to edit a post :/
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 10:49

No way to edit a post :/

If you want them to attack if you have attacked them, then set the AI it's based on to Zombie Pigman... you will still have to set up the things I said in my other post.

Last seen on 17:19, 29. Mar 2016
Joined Mar 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Set the AI like a wolf, where
Tue, 03/22/2016 - 18:30

Set the AI like a wolf, where to tame/befriend that mob, you give it a certain item. You can also set it to follow you and attack the mobs that you attack

Last seen on 17:54, 9. Feb 2019
Joined May 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
As long as your mob is…
Tue, 12/25/2018 - 16:30

As long as your mob is having every hostile mobs on Priority 10 ( or 20 ) with Attack on Collide, it will act like an Iron Golem.