Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion
I am now ready to introduce my mod idea to the public: The Harrowed Forests.
The goal is that the mod will feature a large and perplexing dimension similar to the Aether, Twilight Forest and Betweenlands, but of course it will be original and unique so don't worry.
The ideas I have for the mod can't exactly (not at all) be implemented via MCreator's drag-n-drop interface, so with the new "code" option being added, I plan on learning Java code to help make this mod a thing.
This mod will (based on my current plans) add:
- A new perplexing dimension
- Several new biomes for said dimension
- New and unique mobs.
- A large and interesting progression system.
- Seven new and extremely interesting bosses to defeat.
- Tons of generated structures to explore, along with 7 temples to go with the seven bosses.
- A large and vast landscape filled to the brim with detail.
- Growing trees and other tree-like structures within the dimension.
- New shields.
- New armor.
- A bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now.
I'm accepting recommendations as of now, but I still have my own ideas to add as well.
Don't expect this mod to come out anytime soon, as I'm completely new to Java, but if I have anything to share, I'll share it.
I'm also accepting help with Java (advanced mob animations, growing trees, etc.,) so if anyone is willing to help, please do.
Oh and one more thing:
One of my plans is that going to the dimension will require you to place a block of Obsidian and surround it with a ring of End Stone and Chorus Trees, and then light the Obsidian on fire once the Chorus Trees are fully grown, producing an explosion along with a purple beam as the portal.
Anyways that's it for now. I hope you enjoy this mod idea for now. Bye.