.schematic chests are empty

Started by Toma1O6 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:24, 14. Oct 2018
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
.schematic chests are empty

So I tried to add something like random loot generator and used some schematics (1x1x1 blocks - only chest with items), but everytime I import these files to MCreator the items in chests dissapear. I already tried multiple programs like Worldedit, MCedit but nothing worked.

Does anybody have solution for this? Its kinda key feature inside my mod, and I need it so I would be so dissapointed if I found that theres no way to do that.

Last seen on 04:27, 6. Aug 2023
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
First, you want to run…
Wed, 06/26/2019 - 01:12

First, you want to run Minecraft inside MCreator using the play button on the top middle. Create a new world, then paste your structure in using worldedit. Then follow these steps to save the structure as an .nbt file.

https://www.digminecraft.com/getting_started/structure_block_corner_mode.php

https://www.digminecraft.com/getting_started/structure_block_save_mode.php

After you have saved it, go to Pylo/MCreator1**/forge/saves/whatever your world name was/structures , and you should see your .nbt file. Finally, in MCreator, go to Resources, then Structures, then click Import Structures, and finally click the file.

Schematics do not store NBT…
Wed, 06/26/2019 - 08:52

Schematics do not store NBT data and metadata and you are not supposed to be using them.

Last seen on 04:27, 6. Aug 2023
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Exactly, so you have to use…
Wed, 06/26/2019 - 15:03

Exactly, so you have to use Minecraft’s integrated structure “program” to save it as an .nbt file, instead of a mod like WorldEdit that saves it as a schematic.