Event Trigger Questions

Started by WolfmanFrey on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:47, 5. Nov 2018
Joined Apr 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Event Trigger Questions

Goal: Place Block A.  After period of time, Block A's procedure places a new block, Block B.

I have messed around with the different events to trigger the procedure, on place, on random tick, on update tick, etc. I have also messed with the repeat loop and if loop to increment a local custom variable to trigger the new Block B placement. I have had little success and find it tedious to sit and wait for compiling each time to test. 

1. Does the Update Tick event occur at fixed intervals like the FixUpdate function in  Unity3D or does it only happen when the Block A is told to update by the environment in the game?

2. Does the Random Tick event fire only once for does it just continue to fire randomly?

3. I thought there was a probability trigger in the old system that could pseudo act as a WiatForSecond function.  Is there still a probability call I'm not seeing in the new procedure system?

4. Is there a wiki page I am over looking about event triggers?

If anyone has examples I can look at I would greatly appreciate it.

Last seen on 13:47, 5. Nov 2018
Joined Apr 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I figured some things out…
Fri, 05/25/2018 - 13:11

I figured some things out with more testing yesterday.  I'm posting my results in case it can help any other out there with similar questions. 

1. Does the Update Tick event occur at fixed intervals like the FixUpdate function in  Unity3D or does it only happen when the Block A is told to update by the environment in the game?  [It appears to be a regular, reoccurring event]

2. Does the Random Tick event fire only once for does it just continue to fire randomly?  [It continues to fire randomly]

3. I thought there was a probability trigger in the old system that could pseudo act as a WiatForSecond function.  Is there still a probability call I'm not seeing in the new procedure system?  [I'm using an if statement with a local variable and comparing it with the "Random[0,1)" block I finally found in the math tap.  Changing the variable effects the chance of the statement being true.]

[Extra Note: a local variable dose not get saved each time a procedure runs.  it gets destroyed and then reinitialized each time the procedure is fired.  That was the problem I was having with trying to use a local variable to count ticks.]