Help with Blocks and Plants

Started by ThulkrrCreator on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:44, 31. Aug 2021
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with Blocks and Plants

Hey everyone.

I'm new in the creation of mods and as all of you i don't know how to to something, that is why I do this post.

Im currently creating a mod where mainly decorative things will added, a mod that Is mostly an expansion to the builders.

Recently i tried to create Blocks and plants but while i was doing i found Two problems:

• How can i create a double height plant?such as the sunflower or the rosebush.
  • How can i create a block that don't have a collision of 16*16 pixels? Such the paths From the villages.

That's all for the moment. I hope someone can answer to my questions and i would appreciate it.

See you soon. 

Thulkrr

Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
UPDATE: Another thing. I'm…
Sun, 06/17/2018 - 05:14

UPDATE:

Another thing. I'm sorry to be asking for help every time but I'm new to this. Some time ago I was trying things with the textures and besides the problems already mentioned I saw myself with a new one:

• How can I create a mushroom with certain special conditions? What I mean, is to create a mushroom that can only be placed in certain blocks and with a certain level of light like mushrooms vanilla.
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
  UPDATE: One more time! I…
Sun, 06/17/2018 - 06:38

UPDATE:

One more time!

I was creating a block of custom grass and I realized something else that I could not do, when I made the block and put "material" grass this does not have the properties that should, therefore I think:

• How can I make a functional grass block? That is, that flowers and trees can be placed on it.

• How can I make a block that can be broken by another tool apart from those offered by the visualizer (Pick, shovel, axe)? I think it's the part of the code where to place it, but I'd love to be able to corroborate it.
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
UPDATE: And finally, after…
Sun, 06/17/2018 - 06:44

UPDATE:

And finally, after all this I think that I only have one more doubt ...

• How can I add special properties to the blocks? By this I mean for example, only if I break this object with silk touch the block is dropped, only if I break it with such an object gives me the block, that when I click it becomes another block, etc.

Sorry for my bad English but it is not my native language.

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1- I don't make double…
Sun, 06/17/2018 - 15:28

1- I don't make double plants from the a lomg time because the first one that I made was bugged, however, if I remember well, when making a plant (there is a plant mod element) you need to choose "double plant type".

2- at the bottom right of the first window when making blocks (the one where you choose textures) there are options for block hitbox. For making a grasspath-like block, you need to set max y to 0.9. In MCreator wiki there is more info

3-You can make a tick rate procedure that checks if the block under the mushroom is a certain block (for example mycelium). However, this only happens when placing a mushroom, you can't make mushrooms that spawn under certain conditions, you can only make that it can't be placed on some blocks, not that it can't spawn in some blocks (plants can only spawn and be placed on grass and so you need to make that mushroom a normal block)

4- I think that this is a bug

5- I don't know

6- You can only choose the "normal" drop, the silk touch one is always the block itself. If you want that you can only break that block with silk touch then choose the drop as air

I hope it helped

(Sorry for bad English and explanation)

Last seen on 08:42, 13. Feb 2021
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think that the …
Tue, 02/09/2021 - 15:26

I think that the "Canbeplacedon" tag would work, but I don't know if it works in all the game-mods or only in adventure-mod.