Topic category: Mod showcase and discussion
This is both the official topic for discussion and the documentation topic of the mod Pyromancy.
To get started, you need to find a Wizard Pigman House. You can find it in the Nether. In this structure, there is a Wizard Pigman generator.
Wizard Pigmen are neutral mobs that do ranged attacks. They can drop Rotten Flesh or a Fragment of Nether Pearl (they don't drop Gold Nuggets because it would be too OP).
You can put 4 Fragments of Nether Pearl in a crafting grid to make a Nether Pearl. You can use this Nether Pearl to make a lot of Pyromancy's stuff.
You can also use the Fragments of Nether Pearl to make a Pyromancer's Wand (it will be explained soon).
Pyromancy is mainly based on managing Red Mana, a magical resource that can activate some special blocks.
To make Red Mana you need an Obelisk. At the moment there are only two Obelisks:
- The Obelisk of Absorbtion. The Absobtion generates Red Mana if it is surrounded by Lava. However, it will turn Lava into Cobblestone after a few time. It is used to craft the other Obelisks.
- The Obelisk of Redstone Conversion. Recent discoveries stated that Redstone has some affinity with Red Mana. This Obelisk can turn Redstone into Red Mana. Simply put a Redstone Block on it and it will generate 9 Red Mana.
At the moment you can only use Red Mana for the Fiery Brewery and the Immobilizer.
The Fiery Brewery is a block that consumes Red Mana for making Vials. To use it, you need to right-click it while holding a Pyrocream in the main hand and having an Empty Vial in the inventory. It will consume 2 Red Mana to work.
Here are the possible recipes:
- Pyrocream of the Dragon - > Vial of the Dragon - Makes some fire, makes you levitate and makes you resistant to fire damage for a bit. It can be useful when falling in lava or for fighting.
- Pyrocream of the Golem - > Vial of the Golem - Makes you slow, resistant and strong for a bit. It can be useful sometimes when fighting.
- Pyrocream of the Centaur - > Vial of the Centaur - Makes you faster, stronger and able to jump higher for a bit. It also causes some nausea though. It can be useful to quickly deal damage to enemies or to run away.
- Pyrocream of the Cyclop - > Vial of the Cyclop - Makes you resistant, hasty and blind for a bit. It can be useful when fighting.
Note: unlike Potions, Vials stack up to 16.
The Immobilizer is a block that consumes Red Mana to slow down mobs and players that collide it. The entities and the players that collide it will also do a little jump, so the Immobilizer won't consume 1 Red Mana per tick and you won't need to constantly fill it with large amounts of Red Mana.
Now that you know how to create and consume Red Mana, I should tell you how to transport it. Well, actually, Red Mana is an item so just use hoppers. That means that you can also store it using chests.
Pyromancy's blocks are designed to not have a GUI. So you can't just right click a Pyromancy block to take some Red Mana, to deposit it or just to see how much Red Mana does it have. You can instead use a Pyromancer's Wand. When right-clicked on a Pyromancy block, it will tell you how much Red Mana does it have.