User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Pyromancy Official Topic and Documentation
Sun, 08/16/2020 - 16:30 (edited)

This is both the official topic for discussion and the documentation topic of the mod Pyromancy.

I might also add some images and some GIFs in the future :)

Getting started

To get started, you need to find a Pigmancer Castle. You can find it in the Nether. In this structure, there is a Pigmancer generator. 

Pigmancers are neutral mobs that do ranged attacks. They can drop Rotten Flesh or a Fragment of Nether Pearl (they don't drop Gold Nuggets because it would be too OP, since they spawn from a mob spawner). 

You can put 4 Fragments of Nether Pearl in a crafting grid to make a Nether Pearl. You can use this Nether Pearl to make a lot of Pyromancy's stuff.

You can also use the Fragments of Nether Pearl to make a Pyromancer's Wand (it will be explained soon).

Red Mana

Pyromancy is mainly based on managing Red Mana, a magical resource that can activate some special blocks. 

To make Red Mana you need an Obelisk. At the moment there only are three Obelisks:

• The Obelisk of Absorbtion. This is the most basic Obelisk. It generates Red Mana if it is surrounded by Lava. However, it will turn Lava into Cobblestone after a few time. It is used to craft the other Obelisks.
  • The Obelisk of Redstone Conversion. Recent discoveries stated that Redstone has some affinity with Red Mana. This Obelisk can turn Redstone into Red Mana. Simply put a Redstone Block on it and it will generate 9 Red Mana.
  • The Obelisk of Sacrifice. This Obelisk can turn Rotten Flesh or Bones into Red Mana (1 item = 2 Red Mana). Useful for mob farms.
  • The Obelisk of Leaf Burning. Right now, this is the best but most expensive Obelisk. It burns nearby leaves in a 16×16 cube, generating one Red Mana for each leaf consumed in the process. It usually generates around a stack of Red Mana per tree (power creep!).

Now that you know how to create Red Mana, I should tell you how to transport it. Well, actually, Red Mana is an item so just use hoppers. That means that you can also store it using chests

Pyromancy's blocks are designed to not have a GUI. So you can't just right click a Pyromancy block to take some Red Mana, to deposit it or just to see how much of it does it have.

To visualize how much Red Mana does a block hold, you can use a Pyromancer's Wand. When this item is used on a Pyromancy's block, it will tell you how much Red Mana does it hold, the blocks it's bound to and more.

Another important tool pyromancers should use is the Red Mana Binder. It is used to bind two blocks. For example, a Destroyer Block bound to another block would destroy that block when triggered by redstone, while a Farmer Block would place a plant there.

To bind the blocks, just right-click on the block that should be affected by the "main" block while holding a Red Mana Binder in hand, then right-click the main block.

When I say the "main" block I mean the one that will affect the other. For example, the Destroyer Block or the Farmer Block can be main blocks.

The two blocks must be within 8 meters (blocks) in the 6 minecraft building directions. This means that every coordinates difference mustn't be higher than 8.

Before Pyromancy 1.4, there was no Red Mana Binder, and to "bind" two blocks you had to follow this system (if you are playing in a newer version just skip it):

The Destroyer Block and the Farmer Block work similarly to Sensorcraft blocks: they destroys a block based on how much Ender Pearls and Nether Pearls do they store. Theyuhave a GUI where you can choose the coordinates of the block that should be affected. An Ender Pearl increases by 1 the distance in the positive side, a Nether Pearl in the negative one. This means that, for example, if you put an Enderpearl in the Y slot, a Destroyer Block will destroy the block on it; if you put a Nether Pearl it will be destroy the block under it instead. Multiple slots can be combined.

Blocks that use Red Mana

Here is a list of all the blocks found in Pyromancy that use Red Mana to do something.

The Fiery Brewery

The Fiery Brewery is a block that consumes Red Mana for making Vials. To use it, you need to right-click it while holding a Pyrocream in the main hand and having an Empty Vial in the inventory.  It will consume 2 Red Mana to work.

Here are the possible recipes:

• Pyrocream of the Dragon - > Vial of the Dragon - Makes some fire, makes you levitate and makes you resistant to fire damage for a bit. It can be useful when falling in lava or for fighting. 
  • Pyrocream of the Golem - > Vial of the Golem - Makes you slow, resistant and strong for a bit. It can be useful sometimes when fighting.
  • Pyrocream of the Centaur - > Vial of the Centaur - Makes you faster, stronger and able to jump higher for a bit. It also causes some nausea though. It can be useful to quickly deal damage to enemies or to run away.
  • Pyrocream of the Cyclops - > Vial of the Cyclops - Makes you resistant, hasty and blind for a bit. It can be useful when fighting.
  • Pyrocream of the Phoenix - > Vial of the Phoenix - Makes you fly a bit and recover some life. Useful to run away from monsters or just to recover some life (if you don't fall).

Note: unlike Potions, Vials stack up to 16. 

The Immobilizer

The Immobilizer is a block that consumes Red Mana to slow down mobs and players that collide it.

It checks if the mob is already slown down before working and the slowness lasts for a lot of time, so don't worry much about the Red Mana. You can also disable it with a redstone signal if you want.

Before 1.5, it didn't check for slowness and it couldn't be toggled off by Redstone. It worked this way:

The entities and the players that collide it will do a little jump, so the Immobilizer won't consume 1 Red Mana per tick and you won't need to constantly refill it with large amounts of Red Mana.

The Destroyer Block

The Destroyer Block is a block that consumes Red Mana to destroy blocks. If you are playing with Pyromancy 1.4 or a newer version, you have to bind it to the block to destroy using a Red Mana Binder.

It works everytime it is triggered by redstone.

The Destroyer Block is like an iron tool, so it can't destroy Obsidian, Obelisks and other Destroyer Blocks. It can't also destroy Bedrock, Command Blocks, Barriers, Structure Blocks, End gates, Ender Portals, Piston heads, etc.

Everytime it destroys a block it consumes 3 Red Mana. It automatically detects if it's going to destroy air, a fluid, a nether/end portal or blocks at y>255 or y<0 so it won't waste your Red Mana.

You can use a Pyromancer's Wand on it to see what block will it destroy (and also how much Red Mana does it store).

The Farmer Block

The Farmer Block is a block that consumes Red Mana to plant saplings, crops, nether wart, sugar canes or dead bushes.

Bind it to the block where the plant should be planted on using a Red Mana Binder.

To put plants in it, just right-click them on it.

It works when triggered by redstone and consumes 1 Red Mana everytime it plants something. Before consuming the Red Mana and planting the block, it checks if it can plant it, so you can't plant potatoes on wood planks, nether wart on grass or sugar canes away from water. You have to respect the same conditions as when planting them in the traditional way.

Before Pyromancy 1.4, it could only plant saplings and worked this way:

It can only plant the saplings on grass or dirt. The coordinates you choose using Enderpearls and Netherpearls are the sapling's coordinates, not the dirt/grass' ones. You must put the saplings in the saplings slot.

The Nether Altar

This block consumes Red Mana to do some rituals. Think of it as a new crafting station.

At the moment, it can only do 3 things:

• Right-click it with a Diamond to summon a Nether Cyclops. This consumes 50 Red Mana (a lot). It will only work if there is enough space for the Cyclops.
  • Right-click it with a Ring of the Cyclops to turn it into a Fiery Shuriken.
  • Right-click it with a Nether Pearl to turn it into a Powered Nether Pearl. This consumes a whole stack of Red Mana. The Nether Pearl can be used as a crafting ingredient for some expensive blocks.
  • Right click it with a Shadow Scale to get 16 Red Mana Warps (at the cost of 16 Red Mana)

The Altar of the Fiery Imp

This block consumes Red Mana to create (and heal, if damaged) a mischievous elemental that likes to attack monsters from the distance, the Fiery Elemental.

It summons the elemental whenever it receives a redstone signal, while it automatically heals the imp if damaged.

The Imp cannot move and attacks all vanilla and Pyromancy mobs, excluding bosses.

It is supposed to attract the mobs to the altar without dealing damage, but because of an MCreator bug, it still deals some.

It can be useful for mob grinders, especially when combined with the Tricky Grate.

More stuff

While Pyromancy is mainly an automation mod, it also adds some more adventure-focused features, such as structures, monsters, weapons and more.

Nether Trees

You can see that there now are Nether Trees in the Nether. You can cut these trees down to get Nether Wood, which can be used to make Nether Planks. You can also use an axe on Nether Wood to turn it into Stripped Nether Wood.

You can use Nether Planks just like you would use vanilla planks, and they come with new slabs, stairs, doors, trapdoors, fences, fence gates and bookshelves!

Nether Cyclops and Fiery Shuriken

The Nether Cyclops is a miniboss added by Pyromancy.

As already said, you can summon it by using a Diamond on a Nether Altar. Why a Diamond? Well, I wanted to add a new item but I had no ideas XD

The Nether Cyclops is a melee fighter that can sometimes summon Evil Pigmancers, heal itself or gain some positive status effects.

The Evil Pigmen Wizards are like the non-evil ones, except they are always aggressive and drop nothing (not even experience). They also despawn rather quickly.

A peculiarity about the Nether Cyclops is that it is immune from arrow attacks. This means you'll have to face it on melee (or using some tricks such as TNT).

When the Nether Cyclops is killed, it drops its Ring. (Did you really think that grey thing on its face was a smile?)

You can use the Ring of the Cyclops in a Nether Altar to make a Fiery Shuriken. This is a ranged weapon that does little damage but consumes nothing (except its durability) to work. When it is fully consumed, you'll get the Cyclops' Ring back.

This means you can use some Red Mana to charge a ranged weapon that requires no arrows to be used! :D

Tricky Grate

This block is solid until someone walks on it. Then it opens and the mob/player that was on it will fall through it. It will close again a few seconds later.

It can be useful for mob grinders, especially when combined with the Fiery Imp.

You can sneak on it to prevent its activation.

Pigrates

Yes, you read it right. Pigrates. Sailing lava lakes (not really) and raiding the innocents, these pesky Pigmen love gold so much that they instantly attack any player they see (they know players only want gold).

They can be found in flying ships made of Nether Wood and are ruled by their magnanimous Capigtain (sorry).

You can loot their ships to find a lot of gold as well as a Nether Skull, but beware of the Tricky Grates they placed!

You can also rarely find a "shiny" version of the ship which is made of Red Nether Bricks rather than Nether Bricks and Stripped Nether Logs rather than Nether Logs.

Shadowlurkers and Shadow Scales

Besides pigmen, there also is another new mob in the Nether: the Shadowlurker!

This dusky entity usually spawns in little groups attacking players and drops Shadow Scales.

Red Mana Warps

Are you tired of having to insert Red Mana into the blocks by using hoppers? Well, here is the solution for you: Red Mana Warps!

Simply place a Red Mana Warp on another block and right-click it with Red Mana in hand to directly insert Red Mana in the block below! Simple, right?

To get this block, simply use a Shadow Scale on a Nether Altar to get 16 Red Mana Warps (it will probably be reduced to 4 in the future since 16 is a bit excessive for just one scale), at the cost of 16 Red Mana.

If you try to break this block, it will drop nothing, unless you have a Pyromancer's Wand in hand (just use it to break Red Mana Warps as you would use a pickaxe to break stone).

Fire Elves and Molten Core

While exploring the Nether you might occasionally find a little hut on a floating soul sand island. That hut is inhabited by Fire Elves!

What? Elves? Aren't those from Hodge-Podge? What are they doing in the Nether?

By defeating the Elves you get some Nether Pearls, while the chest in the hut comes with random loot but always contains exactly one Molten Core, a material used for crafting some new utilities (like the Item Absorber, the Obelisk of Energy and the Red Mana Converter)!

Item Absorber

This block can be considered like a ranged hopper: in fact it can pull items from the distance into its inventory. Unlike a hopper, however, it can't transport anything by itself (so you still need hoppers to extract items from it) and it only has one slot which can only hold one item. At least it isn't that expensive.

Forge Energy Support

This mod does actually also support FE (Forge Energy) system. By crafting an Obelisk of Energy you can turn FE into Red Mana, while a Red Mana Converter will do the opposite.

Right now, 1 Red Mana = 500 FE, but this will probably be changed in the next update since most mods generate and consume so much more FE than that.

Endless Red Mana Source

This is a block that does exactly what it says. It's an infinite source of Red Mana.

Wait, did you really think you could use this in survival? This is a creative-only block. I mainly added it for debugging my mod, but you can use it to try your Pyromancy buildings in creative or for custom maps if you want XD

Edited by RaolTheBest on Sun, 08/16/2020 - 16:30
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks!
Sun, 10/14/2018 - 09:42

Thanks!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The next update will add…
Fri, 11/09/2018 - 09:17

The next update will add some block breakers.

There are three tiers:

Tier 1 has harvest level 1 and can only break blocks in contact with it

Tier 2 is like tier 1 but has harvest level 2

Tier 3 has harvest level 2 (yes, no harvest level 3,sorry) but it is ranged and its range can be upgraded using range upgraders.

You can choose the block to destroy using Nether Pearls (like in sensorcraft).

The block breakers consume Red Mana. However, like the other blocks, to consume red mana they need dropper (in fact the droppers only work with the slot that consumes Red Mana, the other slots are the ones that hold Nether Pearls).

The next update will also make some blocks have a custom 3d model.

Yes, it all uses the power of the 1.8.1 update XD

(I will start working on this update after the RaolCraft Omega update)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The next update will be big …
Wed, 02/27/2019 - 07:03

The next update will be big :)

It will allow you to build an automatic tree farm, fight a new boss, create new weapons and more!

I will start working on it after releasing the Caves module of Modular Expansion.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I won't add the new boss and…
Sat, 03/02/2019 - 19:13

I won't add the new boss and the Fiery Shuriken in 1.3. They will be added in 1.4 instead that will be released after MCreator 1.8.3.

That's because I can't make the Fiery Shuriken not consume something (and I don't want to have locked elements or make it add the item back to the player when used - that would be weird and buggy). You will be able to create this Fiery Shuriken after beating the boss (the Nether Cyclop), that's why I don't add the boss too.

Anyways, in 1.3 you will be able to make a working automatic tree farm using obelisk, destroyer-blocks and farmer-blocks, so it will still be a useful update :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
1.3 is released! Now you are…
Sun, 03/03/2019 - 21:31

1.3 is released!

Now you are able to build automatic tree farms, mining machines and anything that you can come up with the Destroyer Block and the Farmer Block! (The only issue is that they can consume a lot of Red Mana, that at the moment is not renewable. Don't worry, I will add more Obelisks in the next updates ;))

Tomorrow I will include an image to show an example of tree farm.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator 1.8.3 was released!…
Thu, 03/21/2019 - 13:19

MCreator 1.8.3 was released! This means a lot of features will be remade and look more intuitive!

Do you think I should also turn Red Mana into a variable or keep it as an item?

I think I will keep it as an item because, while it might be a bit silly, using hoppers to transfer energy is a bit original :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I hope you will like the…
Fri, 03/22/2019 - 14:41

I hope you will like the next updates of my mods :D

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nether Cyclops, a new…
Mon, 04/15/2019 - 06:04

Nether Cyclops, a new special block and (maybe) even meteorites from RaolCraft 3 are coming in the next update!

At the moment I've just added the Ring of the Cyclop, the Fiery Shuriken and the Nether Bookshelf ,but I think I will release the update soon this week

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In the next update, rather…
Thu, 04/18/2019 - 07:39

In the next update, rather than using all those Ender pearls and Nether pearls, you will be able to bind two blocks using the Red Mana Binder. Just right click two blocks and they will be bound together :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm sorry the update is…
Wed, 05/01/2019 - 14:23

I'm sorry the update is taking a long time to be released, but it's actually about 95% ready. I've just been a bit busy :(

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The update is ready! I only…
Wed, 05/01/2019 - 18:30

The update is ready! I only have to upload it! :D

The next things I will do will be:

• A patch for the Easy Ores module (it seems the enderpearl ore doesn't generate)
  • The new Jungle module
  • A huge update for the Caves module (well... relatively huge... it won't be as big as a Raolcraft update but since this is a little mod it will look like a big revamp XD)
  • (Maybe) a new module that adds some mobs that only spawn after doing some vanilla important tasks (finding the first diamond, beating the enderdragon, etc.) and drop a lot of useful stuff
  • A big update for Hodge-Podge III
  • The beta release of RaolCraft Omega - this means the Original World, the Dark Emperor, the Dark Diamond tools, the Armor of Light and much more (this would take A LOT of time XD)...

Then another cycle of updates would start... :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I updated the documentation…
Thu, 05/02/2019 - 13:03

I updated the documentation to the last version of Pyromancy (1.4, the "Anether Update"). It looked like a whole rewrite, since a lot of things were added or changed XD