User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Heavily Needed Features for Biomes/Dimensions/Plants
Thu, 03/07/2019 - 17:42 (edited)

Hi! As someone who heavily relies on the biome and nature parts of Mcreator for my mod I wanted to request some features that only would enhance my biomes but also for any Mcreator users:

1. Foggy Biomes

I would love if we could make a biome be foggy and then select the fog color, similar to the dimension option for it except just for a biome it would allow for more spooky or swampy type biomes.

2. More than 1 Schematic Tree

Currently, when in the schematic tree section you can only select a single tree (structure), I would really love if we could add multiple tree types/variations (I'm referring to schematics)

3. Grass Color and Leaf Color separate

When going through the code of Mcreator it shows that Grass and Leaves are their own diff color gradients and I would love if Mcreator separated the two in the actual editor instead of me having to go into the code to change the leaves and grass color to be different. 

4. Custom Biome Colors not turning everything white

Before selecting that you want custom biome colors if gives you default colors, I would like that when you do select custom colors that it keeps it all at default until YOU change it, because some of my biomes would look better with normal water and normal sky color but it forces me to choose something or else it keeps it white.

5. Flowers Per Chunk only spawns in Poppies and Dandelions

When selecting how many flowers per chunk you want, it only spawns in poppies and dandelion and nothing else, I would request that "Flowers Per Chunk" be turned into something where you get to pick what block(s)/plant(s) you want to spawn in that biome and then set how much per chunk you want each flower to spawn. This would allow for many beautiful biomes like Lavender Fields from Biomes O' Plenty.

6. Desert Flower options?

When in the plant editor, it only gives "1 block flower" and then the growable which give you options for "water, desert, crop, etc." I would request that the 1 block flowers get the same options as its very difficult and annoying to add in Desert flowers and such as if they're 1 block tall they only work on grass..

Well that's all I have, I would really like to know if these features are possible for Mcreator as they would really help out people who want to make more diverse and complex biomes :)

Edited by AOCAWOL on Thu, 03/07/2019 - 17:42
I will check which of these…
Mon, 03/04/2019 - 16:26

I will check which of these are possible and possibly add them in the future.

For 4. you can just set default colors to avoid this issue.

Last seen on 18:03, 5. Dec 2021
Joined Oct 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yay Thankyou <3
Thu, 03/07/2019 - 04:05

Yay Thankyou <3

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Those would be cool features…
Thu, 03/07/2019 - 13:00

Those would be cool features :D

3. and 5. are unfortunately…
Thu, 03/07/2019 - 17:42

3. and 5. are unfortunately not controllable at the moment (at least I was not able to find a way). Number 6. is in the plan in the issue tracker: https://mcreator.net/tracker/issue/46072

EDIT: Number 5 can actually be controlled, I will add this feature.

EDIT2: Actually there is no easy way to do this, but I will add a dial to restrict custom flower spawning to selected biomes.

Last seen on 18:03, 5. Dec 2021
Joined Oct 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Any luck with #1? (Asking…
Fri, 03/08/2019 - 20:28

Any luck with #1? (Asking for a friend :3)

I did not find any clues on…
Sat, 03/09/2019 - 08:53

I did not find any clues on how to do this. If I do we will add this to MCreator.

Last seen on 16:00, 26. Mar 2022
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry that I am that late,…
Mon, 04/12/2021 - 15:23

Sorry that I am that late, but I just found this Forum yet. if you still don't know the Number 5 I have a solution, or I think I have:

Make a Strukture that is only 1x1x1 and Place you Flover inside (or with a two block Flover 1x2x1, I think you know what I mean) and than save it and past it into MCreator. There you have to create a Structure and check or not all the stuff for your structure and than you have to enlarge the Numer of: Number of this structre per 1000000 Chunks so hight that many of the Flowers spawn in one chunk. You know?