Help editing attack speed and attack damage on tools and weapons using MCreator 1.8.3

Started by TheGreenDiamond on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:03, 31. Jul 2023
Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help editing attack speed and attack damage on tools and weapons using MCreator 1.8.3

I need help setting attack speed on pickaxes, hoes, shovels and swords. I noticed the attack speed and attack damage on default tools aren't always equal at least to the default wooden tools and weapons. I'm currently trying to create my own wooden tools and weapons and I can't edit the attack speed or attack damage of any of them except the axe, at least in the code. I found a way to fix the attack damage through the tool mod editor for the ones i needed to edit, but I also noticed I can't set up a decimal for attack damage in the tool mod editor which i need to do for the shovels. I did however find, I believe, that there is still a decimal point set up automatically in shovels but you can only see it in game while testing the mod.

If anyone knows how, I'm looking for a way to either add attack speed and attack damage to the code in the code editor in Mcreator 1.8.3 for Minecraft 1.12.2, I haven't found a way to do it yet.

Thanks in advance.

Last seen on 09:43, 4. Jan 2022
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can increase or decrease…
Sun, 04/07/2019 - 10:48

You can increase or decrease Tools attack speed by adding the effect Haste or Mining Fatique when tool in hand tick

Last seen on 00:53, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Why would you need to set…
Wed, 04/10/2019 - 23:00

Why would you need to set decimal values? 1 - 20 1 = 1 half heart.

Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Because the shovels are set…
Thu, 04/11/2019 - 00:25

Because the shovels are set to a decimal  value for the default wooden shovel in Minecraft base game and I want my wooden shovels to have the same values at least in attack speed and attack damage as the default wooden shovel. I did find that tho I cannot edit it to be a decimal, the mod itself will set it to automatically have a decimal value in game so I only had to change the base number in the mod editor til it equals out to the decimal value I needed.

Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
But the shovel does one…
Thu, 04/11/2019 - 03:15

But the shovel does one damage. What?

Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The default wooden shovel…
Thu, 04/11/2019 - 16:33

The default wooden shovel has an attack speed of 1 but it does 2.5 attack damage. And now currently so do my wood shovels. Attack damage is the only thing you can change in the tool mod editor for anything other than the axe, so when I seen in game that the shovel automatically had a decimal on it's attack damage I calculated what number I had to set it to to make it 2.5

Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Wouldn’t 2.5 just be 5?
Thu, 04/11/2019 - 19:07

Wouldn’t 2.5 just be 5?

Joined Dec 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you're asking if the…
Thu, 04/11/2019 - 20:54

If you're asking if the default number 5 setting for attack damage on shovels in the tool mod editor would equal the default wood shovel attack damage of 2.5 in game then no setting it to 5 actually makes it 7.5 in game. You'd have to set the attack damage to 0 in the tool mod editor for shovels in order for it to come out as 2.5 in game