Problems with editing the core .java file.. [FIXED] [not really it will be implemented soon hopefully]

Started by JumpWatch on

Topic category: Advanced modding

Last seen on 20:02, 4. Jan 2022
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Problems with editing the core .java file.. [FIXED] [not really it will be implemented soon hopefully]
Sat, 07/27/2019 - 22:35 (edited)

Let me get straight into it..
Me and my friend are in the making of a big mod but after we are using libs and apis we need to add stuff to the CORE java file In my workbench its called the_unknown.java
but every time i save the file and build it MCreator automaticly sets it back to before the edit. Idk what i should do. I should have pressed so it can't override the file but it still does it...

Edited by JumpWatch on Sat, 07/27/2019 - 22:35
I suggest you to make a new…
Fri, 06/28/2019 - 07:49

I suggest you to make a new mod element - any type you want and lock its code and do things here. You have hooks to all methods from the main mod file in all mod element files.

We will improve this to make editing of the main java file possible in the future updates too.

Last seen on 20:02, 4. Jan 2022
Joined Mar 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
the problem is that the…
Fri, 06/28/2019 - 12:18

the problem is that the thing that im typing in the main java file are in preinit and so one... So if this isn't possible yet then i have to wait to it is..

preinit is hooked into each…
Fri, 06/28/2019 - 12:22

preinit is hooked into each modelement. Check ModElement class in the main java file to see what methods are hooked.

We will improve this in 1.9…
Sun, 07/28/2019 - 08:36

We will improve this in 1.9.1. From changelog:

• Added workspace setting to lock mod base files from being regenerated