Need help creating a flat dimension

Started by Oravaliito on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:29, 14. Feb 2020
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help creating a flat dimension

I need some help now with creating flat-like dimension with mcreator if supeflat isn't an option with "normal" "nether" and "end".. (devs should make it possible to create superflat without any of this complex hassle with all the unnecessary settings. Like being forced to pick tree type as default or custom trees but no "no trees" option. But I guess no trees if you choose the tree spawns in chunks as 0.

I've searched few places for help but that isn't enough. Someone told somewhere that putting biome height variation to 0 should make it flat. Did that but not sure if it worked since I cannot get it generate properly at first place.

So my flat world looks like this.. And it seems like my dimension is trying to spawn to same world than overworld, mixing overworld chunks and dimension chunks. Can't move, can't teleport with world edit compass to anywhere. All entities including player character is black. I have several other mods but I think they shouldn't conflict or anything with this.

https://youtu.be/066d_SOkbt4

Additional images of my settings:

Last seen on 15:27, 10. Oct 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That means it broke, make…
Wed, 09/25/2019 - 17:28

That means it broke, make the height depth a .5 or something like that, with variation 0

if both are 0, it will generate you at whats technically the void, or sky box limit

Last seen on 15:29, 14. Feb 2020
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So it was actually some mod…
Sat, 09/28/2019 - 21:42

So it was actually some mod that caused that conflict. Not sure which.

Anyway, still not what I want. I put height variation at 0 but still get hills? Also trees per chunk spawning to 0, still get trees, why?

Last seen on 01:21, 21. Jun 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
{ "generator":{ …
Fri, 12/30/2022 - 17:39
{
"generator":{
"type":"minecraft:flat",
"settings":{
"layers":[
{
"height":(number),
"block":"(If you are using custom blocks, your mod name, otherwise put minecraft):(name of the block for this layer)"
},
]
}
},
"type":"overworld"
}
Lock your dimension, replace everything in the generator line of code with this, and fill in your settings. Hopefully this works
Last seen on 01:21, 21. Jun 2023
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I also forgot to add you…
Fri, 12/30/2022 - 17:41

I also forgot to add you need to open the .json file with "seed" in the line of code, don't put this in any other files or it could mess it up