ore not spawning in custom stone type. help

Started by RunicBlade135- on Sun, 10/06/2019 - 10:48

Topic category: General discussion

Last seen on 18:20, 11. Nov 2019
Joined Oct 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
ore not spawning in custom stone type. help
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 00:54 (edited)

I made a stone and an ore. The stone spawns in the world in both small and large amount but the ore will not spawn in it.

(new) [how to use Procedure to gen ore in new block

I look for a way to do this and found that someone did something like it but no explanation on how to do it. so how should i go about it.]

The things I tried so far are: 

  max out the spawn setting for both. (Chunk:32, Group:32)

  making the stone transparent to see if the ore spawn.

  upping where it can spawn.

  setting the ore to spawn in minecraft stone types. (it work in here not in the custom stone) 

note:this is the first mod I'm making and I'v look at other forms for help but with no success.

Edited by RunicBlade135- on Mon, 10/07/2019 - 00:54
Last seen on 15:12, 21. Nov 2019
Joined Aug 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
So you have custom stone and…
Sun, 10/06/2019 - 12:17

So you have custom stone and an ore.

How did you spawn the custom stone in the world? If you didn't spawn it in as a filler block for a dimension, upper layers for a biome or as part of a structure, then the ore cannot replace the stone through the "replace block [select block]" mechanic.

If you spawn both the custom stone and the ore through the same spawning mechanic then neither can replace the other.

However, it is possible to receive that result customarily through procedures.

Last seen on 18:20, 11. Nov 2019
Joined Oct 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
i did not know that thanks
Sun, 10/06/2019 - 15:47

i did not know that thanks

Last seen on 18:20, 11. Nov 2019
Joined Oct 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
I'm just spawning it in like…
Sun, 10/06/2019 - 16:42

I'm just spawning it in like the ore gen Tutorial

Last seen on 15:12, 21. Nov 2019
Joined Aug 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
The way to do it:  1. Create…
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 07:25

The way to do it: 

1. Create a new custom block that cannot be mined, nor drops anything and silktouch doesn't affect it. Use this and spawn it in as ore. (Give it the same texture as your stone)

2. Add the On Block Added procedure to that block.

3. the procedure:

"If random[0,1] < 0.9

do place stone at xyz

else

place ore at xyz"

In this case there would be a 90% chance of spawning stone and a 10% chance of spawning ore whenever this custom block is spawend in the world.

Last seen on 18:20, 11. Nov 2019
Joined Oct 2019
User points:

Statistics:

  • Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
thank you this helps so much
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 22:43

thank you this helps so much