"Enable lake" option broken, in custom biome settings.

Started by Squishybrick on

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 00:41, 9. Jan 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"Enable lake" option broken, in custom biome settings.

(I hate having to resort to something like this, but thread bumping doesn't seem to be a thing, so this is my only option to get this seen.)

When creating a biome there is an option to enable the generation of lakes. Enabling it, I would assume, causes lakes to generate within your biome.

But unfortunately, disabling it does nothing. Regardless if lakes are enabled or not, lakes still appear in them.

Please, please fix this.. Certain factors of my mod heavily depend on the presence (or lack) of lakes..

Last seen on 20:25, 8. May 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
When you find water in your…
Fri, 10/11/2019 - 15:24

When you find water in your biome, does it name itself as biome "River" when pressing f3 (fn + f3 on mac). Because if not, then the rivers aren't generating. It's just that your biome occasionally falls below the "Fluid Block" level. If this biome generates in a custom dimension, you can change the fluid-block to something else than water.

Last seen on 00:41, 9. Jan 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This feels vaguely unrelated…
Sat, 10/12/2019 - 01:29

This feels vaguely unrelated to my problem..

I am referring to the generation of "lakes", not rivers, nor bodies of water related to sea level.

"Lakes" are independently spawning terrain features that are basically just a crater/pocket of air in the ground that is 10x10x5 (2 blocks of air, 3 blocks of fluid).

Not to be confused with actual lakes, which I'm not sure don't even exist in minecraft as a biome/terrain feature..

When creating custom liquids you have the option of them appearing as a "lake". This is what it refers to, and thus what my stated issue refers to.