Positioning a block

Started by DarkWither_ on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:21, 8. Mar 2020
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Positioning a block

Hello modern modders and minecraft players! DarkWither is here to ask some questions.

MCreator version: 1.9.1 / Minecraft version 1.12.2

Ok such a strange title your thinking? Well i hope my next example will help you figure out whats wrong in my mod (please help me figure this problem out): Think if you were playing minecraft and you chopped down a three, oviusly you'll get logs and sapplings right? Well what if you placed down the block while facing the floor, oviusly by doing that you'll see the inside of the log at the top and the "three skin" at the sides, well what if you placed it looking at a wall? well now you should be able to see the inside part from one of the sides, opposite to the block that you were facing, that is currently looking at the other part were you can see the insides of the three.

Now that would be a normal thing and something you should expect from a log, but in my mod im making a new three, and now that im making the log when i place it, doesn't matter what i face! at the top of the block there is going to be ALWAYS  the part where you can see the inside of the three; so thats one of my problems (please tell me how to fix it).

Another problem i occured while making this three was that the leaves of this three always gave you a sappling, oviusly i do not want that, but i don't know how to get around this problem so please please please tell me how to solve this problem.

Last seen on 20:25, 8. May 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
https://www.youtube.com…
Sun, 10/20/2019 - 18:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRgV461KIm4&t=0s

You can create a block mod element and on the first page you can select rotation: log rotation.

Also, you can make leaves drop air and set it to 0, then to the procedures and add when the block is destroyed:

if random[0,1] < 0.1

do Drop gem [sapling] at xyz.

giving you a 10% chance at a sapling.

Last seen on 21:21, 8. Mar 2020
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok thanks