Problems in making a ranged weapon (A shuriken)

Started by DarkWither_ on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:21, 8. Mar 2020
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Problems in making a ranged weapon (A shuriken)

Hi modern modders and mc players! Here DarkWither with another problem :(.

So last time i've asked about a problem that i had with making a three and now i know how to solve the problem! :)

But to not get bored i started making other new stuff inside my mod! Ninja stuff! Like katanas and shurikens, kunais ecc... Now if you do not know, a shuriken is basically a star shaped piece of metal that can be thrown to enemies, ninjas used them to distract the enemy that needed to stop the shuriken from hurting them; Now i want to put them in to my mod!.

I created a lot of textures, made a custom crafting table and that stuff, the problem is that i do not know how to make a ranged weapon that shoots itself! so  i want to know from you if there is a way to do that or i should try and get around that problem in other ways (like making an item thats called maybe "Shuriken skill" that can be used  to launch this items).

Last seen on 14:24, 21. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's pretty easy. Just make…
Tue, 10/22/2019 - 16:47

It's pretty easy. Just make the shuriken and set a random item as ammo and save. Next open again the shuriken and set itself as ammo and it should be done. I tested it (: