Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Lots of questions

So, I am creating a fairly ambitious project with MCreator, but I ran into some questions when creating the mod:

1) How do you create in-game documentation? I was thinking of something like the Sanguine Scientiem from Blood Magic, except that new pages open as you go (so, imagine the same Blood Magic first-person documentation, also by several different people, and new entries open when it sees that you are ready. Like if you crafted a certain item or went to a certain dimension or performed a certain action)

2) How to create energy? What I want is for it to be all over the world, and a person can measure how much of it is in a certain area (like the Atmospheric Gauge from Embers), and then use some kind of ritual to fill his internal reserve with it (like Wizardry? Not the Electrobob one, the less popular one where you gain mana from using a syringe and create your own spells. Except you do not need a syringe or a mana pool, just the environment around you). It should also have the ability to be put into items, and then discharged for crafting recipes (both these things through custom GUIs). Anyways... how do I do that?

3) How do you handle city generation? My mod will have to have cities generated and... I don't know how I'll handle it. Between streets, parks, and all the various buildings, I don't know how I would make it look like a city without paths occasionally randomly cutting off or something. Basically, The Lost Cities, only there aren't any animals/mobs spawning (just, disable all non-villager spawning), and instead there are villagers. And each of them has to have a job. No idea how to do that.

4) You know how I was thinking about crating custom GUIs? I have no idea how to do that. Is there any tutorial on that? Note that I still need the GUIs to be able to do what I want.

Finally, that's more of a bug, but my liquids don't have water buckets. I need to use a bucket of something for a crafting recipe, but it isn't there. Does anyone have any info on that?

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds

Use GUIs for this and…
Wed, 11/06/2019 - 08:05
  1. Use GUIs for this and buttons to navigate
  2. You could use global variables for this
  3. Generating multi-structure spawnings like villages is not well supported yet
  4. Use GUI mod element

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

Last seen on 18:58, 7. Nov 2019
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for your answers. I…
Thu, 11/07/2019 - 02:59

Thanks for your answers. I figured out pretty much everything other than 2.

I don't exactly know what I should do to make it work. Is it possible to explain in slightly more depth?
Just to clarify, I will have a procedure for the energy gaining. Then, when the player does whatever is needed, he gets a certain amount of "energy" that he can use, or he can use a device to charge it inside there and use it for other means. The amount of energy the player gets depends on the biome he's in.
I kind of just need a more detailed explanation of how that's possible.

If you want to store energy…
Thu, 11/07/2019 - 09:04

If you want to store energy per player, use entity NBT tags/variables for this, although making this biome specific might be a bit more difficult. I suggest you to start with per player energy system and build in biome support later.