Desperately trying to wrap my brain around mob AI

Started by ArloTheEpic on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:07, 25. Sep 2020
Joined Apr 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Desperately trying to wrap my brain around mob AI

I would have assumed that the following would make the mob attack players, however, this is not the case. Instead, this results in the mob slowly moving upwards and doing nothing else, regardless of what I attempt to do.

I've tried these things in just about any order I can think of, tried removing all of them individually, etc. At this point, I gotta ask for help.

My best guess is that Mcreator doesn't have AI stuff for making a flying mob also aggressive?

Additionally, I'm also trying to do something else that I think doesn't work but also could be me missing something obvious:

I want my mob to teleport a little ways away when it damages a player. The teleportation part is easy and works great, the problem is, I only seem to be able to make the player do it when hit by the mob, not the mob itself. The "when mob damages player" trigger seems to only provide the player entity, not the mob itself.

Thanks in advance to Klemen anyone who can help :)

I suggest you check our…
Wed, 12/18/2019 - 19:18

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei