Since they removed the option,. how do you make items drop as a grass seed now?

Started by fakypoo on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:28, 25. May 2020
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Since they removed the option,. how do you make items drop as a grass seed now?

Trying to make some custom seeds, although I can't figure out how to make it drop as a grass seed as the option is not there anymore.

Any useful help would be appreciated!

Last seen on 12:52, 22. Jan 2023
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can make it with…
Wed, 01/22/2020 - 18:06

You can make it with procedures.

Firstly you create a procedure, then set it's "Event Trigger" from 'No External call' to 'A block is broken'. 

After that, you should place an 'if' statement which you can find in the 'Logic and loops' category.

Then go to the 'Logic operations' and select the first yellow element, then you need to check that block on the break's coordinates so go to the 'Block procedures' and select the 'Get block at x y z' element, and put it in the left side of your yellow element.

Lastly go to the 'Minecraft components' category and select a block place(The second one from the top) and select the grass, then place it to the right side of your element then place the whole yellow element in the 'if' statement.

Also it's preferable to do it with a chance, otherwise it will drop your item everytime you break a grass. You can find a small procedure for it in the 'Template Library' tab, it's named 'Do with 70% chance', you just click it and place it inside your 'if' statement, and just rewrite the '0.7' value to change the chance.

I hope I could help you!

Last seen on 12:52, 22. Jan 2023
Joined May 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I forgot to add that after…
Wed, 01/22/2020 - 18:18

I forgot to add that after that you did this, you can put another element inside the second 'if' statement, which you can find in the 'World management', and it's called 'Spawn Gem ... at x y z'.

Also sorry I missed to underline some other things in my previous comment, but I think you will find the things without it too, I just wanted to make them to be a bit separated, because my comment is a bit dry.

Last seen on 00:18, 18. May 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This was very helpful; thank…
Sat, 05/02/2020 - 12:37

This was very helpful; thank you

Last seen on 10:25, 2. Jun 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i was reading this post and…
Mon, 06/01/2020 - 13:49

i was reading this post and your solution, i did what you said, but now it still doesnt work, all i made was and extra drop with a 70% drop change. How do i make it a grass seed that can be placed in farmland?