How do I make a grass-like block with colormap tinting on only some part of the texture ???

Started by Dr_Axel on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:48, 30. Apr 2020
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do I make a grass-like block with colormap tinting on only some part of the texture ???

So I discovered MCreator like 3 or 4 years ago and recently I've been re-discovering a bit the software now, so i'm playing around with lots of stuff, doing a sort of "test pot pourri of things" from new excentric biomes to new blocs, and I wanted to add a new dimension in the same spirit of Aether II or the promised lands of Biomes'o'plenty, with custom  grass blocks. And so, I made the textures for this : The bottom is just like dirt, the sides feature dirt but also a bit of grass on the upper side, and the top has grass on it, but also some little flowers ! So I have the base textures (dirt, little flowers) and the grey-scale overlays for the sides and the top. But do I manage to make this work ??? I've seen previously that there's a colormap linking feature in the next page of the block creation, but I only want to color a certain area ! Do I have to learn how to code to do this ? Does the software detect greyscale and apply colormap only to greys ???

Hewp me pwease

Last seen on 15:48, 30. Apr 2020
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So I've just realised "color…
Mon, 04/06/2020 - 13:48

So I've just realised "color on the map" wasn't like colormap, which is worse.

Last seen on 05:11, 28. Aug 2021
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have been trying to do…
Wed, 05/06/2020 - 03:18

I have been trying to do this as well. My blocks feature gems in the grass you can mine so I would like to have it blend in with the other grass around it so it's hard to spot. Right now they stick out like a soar thumb.

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Bump
Sat, 06/20/2020 - 04:51

Bump

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Been away for a while. Has…
Sat, 07/17/2021 - 04:18

Been away for a while. Has there been any solutions to this yet?

Last seen on 08:14, 28. Nov 2023
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yeah, we're in luck:…
Sat, 07/17/2021 - 05:24

yeah, we're in luck: MCreator finally added block tinting on 2021.1! i remember doing a custom grass block that gets tinted based on biome grass color but i had to make a custom model for it that's based on the default basic block. tho i forgot how to do it, plus it isn't too easy. i'll try to relearn how i did it :|