New to Modding, Looking for some guidance?

Started by Natalie Weingart on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:58, 9. Jul 2023
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
New to Modding, Looking for some guidance?

Since my sister will likely spend her 14th birthday in quarantine I'm trying to make a mod of our dog for Minecraft. I have the basic model and png template for him and he runs ok in-game (a few bugs like his muzzle doesn't turn with his head which is a bit unnerving). He would be ok as is, but I really want to go hard for her and have a lot of ideas based on the other entities in Minecraft.

Basically, I want to know if it's possible to code behavior from other mobs for my custom mob? I would love to take the fox behavior where it sleeps as well as the lazy panda behavior where it lays on it's back and wiggles it's legs. I'm a computer science major, btw, and have some experience with java but I'm lazy and prefer the easiest method (hence why I'm using mcreator instead of trying to code it from scratch) but if there's a better solution I can opt to code as well.

I suggest you check our…
Mon, 04/13/2020 - 09:53

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

Basically, I want to know if it's possible to code behavior from other mobs for my custom mob? I would love to take the fox behavior where it sleeps as well as the lazy panda behavior where it lays on it's back and wiggles it's legs. I'm a computer science major, btw, and have some experience with java but I'm lazy and prefer the easiest method (hence why I'm using mcreator instead of trying to code it from scratch) but if there's a better solution I can opt to code as well.

You can define some behavior using AI bases, AI tasks, and procedures, but for more advanced types, you would need to deeply understand how the mob system works in Minecraft and well Java programming too.

Last seen on 10:58, 9. Jul 2023
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks, I've actually been…
Mon, 04/13/2020 - 20:26

Thanks, I've actually been following a lot of those tutorials already, they're very helpful. I think I have a pretty good grasp on Mcreator but I was wondering if there are ways to get more procedures and tasks from certain AI bases that are not available on Mcreator or if the only way is to make them yourself?

there are ways to get more…
Tue, 04/14/2020 - 06:53

there are ways to get more procedures and tasks from certain AI bases that are not available on Mcreator or if the only way is to make them yourself?

For more blocks, you would need to code this or ask/look for a plugin. Or open a feature request and we might consider adding your suggestion in the code.