Can plant update ticks replace the plant to a regular block?

Started by NorthWestTrees on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Can plant update ticks replace the plant to a regular block?

Hello, I am not sure if its worth opening a bug report tick just yet for this issue and I did not want to submit a report if plants are designed not to replace block on update ticks.

I have set a plant element to have a update tick with a very simple remove block and place block update tick. I have tried running it just on client side, just on server side, and both and the block never update, I did not see any way to control the update tick for plants so I am not sure if its a bug or if its just programmed not to allow block update like that.

I am trying to make the plant 3D its a regular bush using plant but I have a 3D model version that I wanted to have the plant to update to when the chunk is loaded, Sadly its not working at the moment.

1. Is there any restrictions that would be effecting this from happening?
  2. Should I report it as a bug?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- NorthWestTrees Gaming

Last seen on 07:27, 21. Jun 2022
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Not sure if this is what you…
Wed, 04/15/2020 - 11:35

Not sure if this is what you're having trouble with but when I test plants I usually just adjust the random tick speed in game to see the plant blocks update. I tried making a basic plant that updated into a different 2d stage and It worked fine. It might be a problem with the game trying to render the 3D model which I've had some problems with before aswell. Or this is all wrong and i'm an idiot :P

Hope I could help!

I have not tried other…
Wed, 04/15/2020 - 20:55

I have not tried other plants just yet but I did test to see if the tick speed in vanilla was the cause of it, I increased it to 1000 and it did not seem to have any effect on updating the blocks, I will try to run particles or something to see if its working at all, if not then I may open a bug report.

Thanks for your reply it did help :)