Horse Markings

Started by Lythiumm on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:24, 18. Jun 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Horse Markings

Hey everyone

Working with the horses before the update to their model. I'm wanting to add more markings. The markings are simply a white alpha layer that's randomly applied.

Is there a way to do this in Mcreator? I have the horse model, and the textures. I'm just unsure how to go about it. 

I'm very new to all this, is there a way I can see the original coding for the horses so I can scan through and get an idea from that? Any help is appreciated.

Last seen on 04:35, 17. Jan 2021
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
As long as your texture…
Mon, 06/15/2020 - 21:03

As long as your texture mappings are correct, according to the horse model something similar to the below should work.

You will have to create a new entity layer;

A class extending LayerRenderer. This is something you need to do on your own, though, it is not to difficult if you have some experience with coding.

Then add that layer, do this on common setup (the code below may need some tinkering);

List<LayerRenderer<HorseEntity, HorseModel<HorseEntity>>> layers = ObfuscationReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(LivingRenderer.class, renderer, "field_177097_h");
        if(layers != null)
        {
            layers.add(new YourLayer<>(renderer));
        }

I do have some pseudo-code if you need help, but I figured I would shoot the idea out there to save my own time if you don't want to code.