What I would add to MCreator (mix of some ideas)

Started by OzimekPL on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 16:38, 18. Nov 2021
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What I would add to MCreator (mix of some ideas)
Wed, 06/24/2020 - 11:57 (edited)

I am new to MCreator forum, so please forgive me for mistakes and that stuff.

Here is my list of what I would add if I was a MCreator Developer

SOUND VARIATIONS
Instead of having only 3 slots of sounds in MCreator, I would add an option called "Custom Sound Variation".
If this box would be ticked you could add more sounds to one slot. Just like for exaple when there is a villager, he would do many "huuh" sounds.
And if this wouldn't be ticked, you couldn't have multiple sounds in one slot, and MCreator would be automatically changing tones in those sounds.

TREE MOD ELEMENT
I saw this idea somewhere else, but I want to write it down here. So first we would add a Custom Tree option, when creating a biome. (This was in MCreator before but it was buggy)
When going to the add element tab there would be tab called Tree. There you could pick tree preset, like Acacia, Spruce or whatever other trees are. If you would pick those presets, there would be also two options. If you picked a tree that can be made huge (oak tree, big jungle tree, big spruce tree) there would be an option called Bigger Variants. This would make the trees generate huge some times, and enable feature to make saplings in 2 x 2 area to make those huge trees. Also there would be an option Tag Auto Assign wich would automatically assign log and leaves tag to those trees, making them behaviour like normal. Inside tree mod element there could be some triggers for procedures. And most important, THE SAPLING. You could pick texture for sapling here, and option for instant bone mealing to grow trees, and with that it would be easy to implement custom trees. (Forgot to mention that you would be able to create your own tree schematic and import it)

EXPORT MINECRAFT TEXTURES TO .ZIP OPTION
Oh, that would be helpful. Instead of manually unpacking .jar files from minecraft version folder, only to get minecraft textures, you could click Export Minecraft Textures to .zip and it would ask you to pick a location where to download the assets.zip file. This would be awesome to texture creators like me, and many others.

IMPROVING PLANT MOD ELEMENT
Devs should improve this, because this sucks. Normal plants, like those 1 block dandelion like flowers are ok. But the other few blocks category just is so wacky, the cave ones don't even generate. Improve this pls ;-:

ENCHANTEMENT MOD ELEMENT
Idk how this is supposed to work, but it would probably mostly be made with procedures. I would love to see this. Curses too <3

BREWING STAND RECIPES
simply add brewing stand recipes.

PARTICLE MOD ELEMENT
It would allow players to create their own particles, and add custom behaviour to them.

FENCE GATE BLOCK MODEL
This would probably come with new update, as Devs are adding doors

VISUAL PREVIEW FOR BLOCK BOUNDING BOX
I would want to see a preview of a normal block model, and how the bounding box would look on that model.
This would help a lot, and save a ton of time.

CHANGE ENTITY TYPE PROCEDURE
Theoretically you can just despawn an entity, and spawn another one, but this look wanky. So if this is possible, I would want to make a horse mob
with that procedure:
If item in main hand of source entity = saddle, and target entity is a type of = custom_horse
do: change type of target entity to = custom_horse_with_saddle

That's all
I hope that Klemen would see this :>
If he sees, I would really beg for him to add those features to MCreator.

EDITED TO ADD MORE OF MY IDEAS THAT I FORGOT

Sincerely, Me

Edited by OzimekPL on Wed, 06/24/2020 - 11:57
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Forgot to add that it would…
Tue, 06/23/2020 - 13:22

Forgot to add that it would be nice if you could disable spawn eggs in Mob element

Last seen on 12:31, 22. Jan 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
spawn egg disabling has been…
Tue, 06/23/2020 - 20:57

spawn egg disabling has been added, as you probably know.

i like all your ideas, except trees can already be done with structure spawns.

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I didnt know about spawn…
Wed, 06/24/2020 - 11:00

I didnt know about spawn eggs lol
But making tree mod element would make everything simpler

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
But making tree mod element…
Wed, 06/24/2020 - 11:51

But making tree mod element would make everything simpler

but with structures they could be more customized ;)

the sound variation idea is pretty good though, you can kind of do it with procedures already but the sound will persist even when the mob dies

can you elaborate on why you think plants are broken?

Last seen on 01:24, 18. Apr 2024
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I like the idea about the…
Sat, 07/03/2021 - 04:21

I like the idea about the trees and saplings.  I started with a Wood pack and have the logs, leaves, planks and the tree growing in a special biome.  What I'm not able to get working right is creating a Sapling (Texture done) and being able to right-click with bone meal and grow that sapling into a tree.  It adds less value to provide a wood pack without the option to starting with a sapling to grow and make it into a tree.  I tried the structure block, but it's not as flexible as setting up a biome to provide the height, stem, branches (leaves) and other options.  Being able to have a sapling as a dropping to replant seems like a best option but not finding any solutions that work.

There are a number of postings around saplings and trees, but nothing similar to what I'm looking for.  Basically, adding more saplings for different trees and having woodpacks for each.  Any ideas on what I can do with 2021.2 EAP (26215) build?

Thanks! -Steve