Taking dimension portal always spawns me in the rarest biome?

Started by Finmide on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:40, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Taking dimension portal always spawns me in the rarest biome?

I have this issue with a dimension I am making. With this dimension I plan to have a world boss appear in a specific biome that is extremely rare. However ever since I made the biome and added it to the dimension and I make a portal to the dimension first the portal spawns me underground when I first enter it so you suffocate in the wall if you are in survival (but that is another issue entirely) but when you go back through that same portal after that you find out that it spawned the portal in that dimension in the rarest biome in that dimension (and the one place I don't want people to appear in when they first enter as they would die as soon as they came out of the portal to the world boss (if they dont get stuck in the ground and suffocate)

If anyone has an idea how too prevent it from spawning in the rarest biome every single time please let me know.

Last seen on 05:52, 18. Oct 2021
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
is there only one biome in…
Mon, 07/06/2020 - 23:50

is there only one biome in your custom dimension? because if it is it will be the only one

Last seen on 18:40, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
There are 4 biomes in my…
Fri, 07/10/2020 - 13:31

There are 4 biomes in my custom dimension all the other ones have a spawnrate way higher then the one it keeps spawning me in, and this biome wasn't even the first biom I added to it. The other 3 biomes 25-30 times the spawn rate of this one biome. But for some reason it keeps sending me to this one. Right now the spawn rate is set to 1. Should I make it rarer? However the problem is I didn't want it to be too rare or else it could be too hard to find the world boss once it is added.