User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Upgrading Weapons/Armor

Pretty simple to explain.

I'm looking for a way I can upgrade custom weapons/armor.

I would like to be able to use a GUI to take from a variable and take a sword from slot 0 and put it in slot 1 with +5 attack damage, But I want to be able to keep doing this as long as the variable has the amount that is required. I have tried using NBT tag procedures, But this has led me nowhere, And I'm not sure if it's because I'm entering the wrong thing in the NBT tag procedure block, or if it's because I shouldn't be using NBT tags at all. I am more than OK with changing coding and locking the coding.

My problem is I can't figure out how to change the weapon's attack damage, or attack speed. Same with armor values. I also do not know how to write code for Minecraft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last seen on 10:28, 30. Oct 2023
Joined Aug 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello, idk how to use nbt…
Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:39

Hello, idk how to use nbt tag but I think you must not let players get infinite sword damages or things like that because I can crash the game at certain point. (And how to balance infinite valuse ?) Just copy/paste x times your sword (for example) and add 5 more attack everytime. Then the slot 0 is removed and in the 1 you have your "upgraded" weapon that is for real another item but withe the same GUI name. If you do not want to overload creative tabs, create a new one specially for that or just do not put upgraded swords in tabs.

Last seen on 05:06, 6. Jul 2023
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
With global variables I can…
Sat, 07/18/2020 - 03:55

With global variables I can easily balance how much attack power can be added by putting a cap with procedure blocks.

As for duplicating the sword and adding more attack damage each sword, my goal is not to so much save the tabs or anything, I just don't want to make 50+ swords and have THAT clutter my workspace.

I have some mobs that have insane health and have more planned with more health and effects to give more resistance to work around the Max Health cap.

The core element in my mod that I am currently working on is completely level based.

Leveling the player, armor, weapons, trinkets and so forth.

Last seen on 14:04, 10. Apr 2021
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Maybe you can make a…
Mon, 08/03/2020 - 10:25

Maybe you can make a variable that adds to the sword every time you upgraded, and you can use the global trigger "when mob is hurt", detect the sword in mainhand(or whatever the weapon is), and give extra damage to the mob

Last seen on 05:06, 6. Jul 2023
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
That is my current work…
Thu, 08/06/2020 - 02:21

That is my current work around, but I'd really like to show the level or increased damage done in the tool tips for the sword.