Make Custom Mobs join a Raid

Started by SkeletalVillager on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:19, 25. Oct 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make Custom Mobs join a Raid

I'm making a mod adding to Illagers, and I'm trying to figure out how to get my entities able to join raids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last seen on 01:27, 20. Feb 2024
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You just have to do a global…
Sun, 10/25/2020 - 01:20

You just have to do a global procedure that makes every time a pillager, vindicator or evoker appear (depending on how difficult you want it to appear) with a probability of 3 percent for example, it does not generate it and generates your entity

Last seen on 13:21, 23. Jan 2022
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can you explain how to do…
Thu, 03/25/2021 - 00:47

Can you explain how to do this in good detail

Last seen on 22:10, 14. Mar 2023
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I believe that I saw a…
Mon, 03/13/2023 - 21:50

I believe that I saw a command in a forum somewhere a couple of years ago that could be used in this situation, here is a command that might work. This command summons your mob at the location of a desired raider. I used "minecraft:pillager" but you can change that to any other raider if you want to.

/execute as @e[minecraft:pillager] at @s if data entity @s RaidId run summon yourmod:yourmob ~ ~ ~

You should also add a custom "raiders.json" file to your mod. The entities in this tag will be counted as raiders (as far as I know)

The "replace" boolean lets minecraft know if you want to add these mobs to the vanilla raiders, or if you would like to replace the vanilla raiders (again, as far as I know)

yourmodjar\data\minecraft\tags\entity_types\raiders.json
//
{
 "replace": false,
 "values": [
   "yourmod:yourmob",

"yourmod:yourmob"
 ]
}

//

If you are confused, or think I missed something, just reply, and If I see it, I'll reply back with a response. Although I am loosely familiar with minecraft mechanics and Java, I am NOT, by any means, an expert. I just thought this would be useful knowledge.