Boss Stages?

Started by snekdatisorange on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 04:12, 20. Sep 2021
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Boss Stages?

Is  there any way to make stages for a boss?

i'm trying to do something like:

stage 1: normal attacks

stage 2: invincible spawns minions that need to be killed to be able to attack

stage 3: slightly stronger attacks

my idea is that it changes mobs for each stage but i also don't think that will work

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
also is there a way to do a…
Tue, 08/04/2020 - 20:22

also is there a way to do a block boss spawner thing

like the wither or golems

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is but I don't how. Also…
Tue, 08/04/2020 - 21:00

It is but I don't how. Also about boss stages I think I know how first you need multiple mobs that look very similar if not the same. Then you need to make a procedure to check the mobs health which I don't know how to do. Then you need to make the mobs behavior different for example one does melee attacks another does ranged and one runs after all mobs. I will finish the tutorial once I get good at procedures.

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
thats what im thinking for a…
Tue, 08/04/2020 - 23:41

thats what im thinking for a normal like 2 stage kinda boss that deals more damage on the next stage

im just not sure with the turning invincible and have minions spawn then once they die the boss is vincible

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't think its possible…
Wed, 08/05/2020 - 00:57

I don't think its possible to make a boss invincible until you kill a mob. But I know a way to make a mob invincible. I will experiment with procedures and try to make an example.

Last seen on 21:12, 25. Jul 2022
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can have the boss use…
Wed, 08/05/2020 - 04:00

You can have the boss use the new "does entity exist at x y z in cube ...." (in the "World Data" section) in its tick update, and if there isn't any of the minion entity, switch it back. (Make sure to set the cube size to a large number so the player can't just lead the minions a few blocks away.)

For the golem/wither type spawning, just make sure one of the blocks you add (for head or center probably) is custom, and have that block run a procedure either when it is placed, or when "neighbor block changes", checking for whether there are the right blocks in the right spots around it.

There are checkboxes for what damage the entity is immune to.

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In addition, if you made two…
Wed, 08/05/2020 - 18:48

In addition, if you made two versions of the minion, you could run the same "entity in cube" just set to a higher number, so that if it gets too far from the boss it switches to it's other version, runs back until it registers the boss is within a small cube, then switches back.

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(switches back to the old…
Wed, 08/05/2020 - 18:51

(switches back to the old attacking version)

Last seen on 15:08, 8. May 2022
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
When it enters stage 2,…
Fri, 08/20/2021 - 03:46

When it enters stage 2, spawn 5 mobs. Set variable bossMobsKilled to 0. When entity dies, is entity the minion, set variable bossMobsKilled to x+1. Then on the boss make the on entity tick update; if variable bossMobsKilled=5, advance to stage 3. The only problem is that the boss minion has to be a unique entity that only appears in that specific fight. When entity dies (boss) set variable bossMobsKilled to 0. To make them switch stages you make it when it gets to certain health remove the mob (don't know the procedure block name) and spawn stage 2 at x/y/z. To make the second stage invincible go to the immunities section and check literally all of them. You won't be able to damage him at all until you do something like the bossMobsKilled variable procedure I described above.