how do i alter the ore generation of vanilla ores?

Started by MinetestSore12 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:27, 4. Jan 2024
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how do i alter the ore generation of vanilla ores?

So right now i want to alter the spawn rate of emeralds, but i dont know how. i know how to alter the loot table for it, but not the actual spawn rate of it and where it can spawn. the reason why is because my mod focuses mainly on emeralds, diamonds, and iron. Again thanks in advance!

Last seen on 22:49, 17. Mar 2021
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know if you can…
Mon, 08/17/2020 - 13:33

I don't know if you can. There's probably a way to do it with code, but I'm not sure how, or if you could do it in MCreator (MCreator is mostly for making new stuff, not modifying Vanilla stuff).

Actually, there might be a cool way around this. Let's say you want emeralds rarer. You could create a custom item called an "Emerald Shard" or something, and it's essentially the nugget of emeralds (as in gold/iron nuggets), so that 9 makes 1 emerald. Then you change the loot table of emerald ore to drop something like 3-6 emerald shards (like nether gold ore in 1.16), so that you have to mine more emerald ore to get emeralds. And if you want emeralds more common, instead of the emerald shard, you'd just modify the loot table to drop more at once (like 1-3).