[Request] Backwards Compatibility (at least limited)

Started by wyattdude120 on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 21:40, 11. Feb 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Request] Backwards Compatibility (at least limited)

I’m going to keep this short and sweet but there is a very large demographic of 1.7.10 and 1.8.9 players because many people prefer the old combat system heavily and overall enjoy the smoothness of the older versions of the game. I know I am not the first person to make a request of this nature and I believe I have an idea of what my answer will look like however, if this feature will not officially be added to mcreator, I ask how I can go about making a plugin or modifying an already existing plugin to build mods for legacy versions of the game without having to  start from scratch in Java. It is absolutely imperative that my project be made for 1.8.9 or 1.7.10. Preferably 1.8.9 as that is the last version of the game before combat went down the drain and simply removing a hit delay or whatever will not bring back the feeling of vanilla legacy pvp. Any help is GREATLY appreciated and to the mcreator staff team who may or may not be reading this, please genuinely consider. Your user base would expand immensely and thank you  for the implementation of more artistic freedom. I conclude my request with this statement, new isn’t always better. At the end of the day everyone has their preferences and I believe people deserve the opportunity to build mods for whatever version of the game they like because not everyone likes the changes that have been made. *cough* minecoins. (Also aside from just the pvp community, 1.7.10 is still a widely used version to base modpacks off of and still has a huge community of its own, the technic launcher’s “The 1.7.10 Pack” is evident of that)Thank you for your time I hope this got to somebody! Have a great day!

Last seen on 21:40, 11. Feb 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Update: I did not keep it…
Fri, 09/25/2020 - 15:49

Update: I did not keep it short and sweet my apologies.