I am trying to make a new weapon deal damage to a custom mob, that can only be hurt with this weapon

Started by Rise0956 on

Topic category: Advanced modding

Last seen on 23:03, 3. Dec 2020
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am trying to make a new weapon deal damage to a custom mob, that can only be hurt with this weapon

Hello! I am trying to make a really big mod just as a passion project if anything. The mod idea is to add creatures that are unique, but can't be hurt through normal means. This is where I need help, I want to make a weapon, and enchantment, that are the only way to hurt these new creatures. Basically I am trying to make something like Smite, but in a sword by itself and only deals extra damage to these custom entities. Is it possible to make a custom damage modifier in this sort of way in MCreator? do I need to be using a specific plugin? 

I want to make a sword that is easy to craft, but doesn't last long, but can deal damage to these custom entities. but I also want to make an enchantment that works exactly the same, but on normal Minecraft swords. Also for the Entities, I want them to be immune to basically every melee attack unless it's the Custom sword, or a sword with my custom enchantment.

I hope this was enough info, and I really need help with this.

Last seen on 03:52, 31. Dec 2022
Joined Apr 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Use procedures to check when…
Mon, 12/21/2020 - 04:00

Use procedures to check when the entity is hit, then check if the item in the source entity's main hand is either the custom sword or has the custom enchantment, otherwise cancel the attack.