How to make a Great Sword?

Started by Heizer06 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:00, 26. Mar 2022
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a Great Sword?

Hello every body! I'm really happy that there is such a good and easy to understand modding program! BUT I have a question:

How to create a Great sword? Yes, I mean a bigger sword that is longer than the vanilla swords! I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, pleas write me how to do this if you know it!

Some of you guys usualy know to mods from 1.12.2 or other versions that adds new Ores and Armor and Tools as well and you can upgread them so they are bigger and become the Great Sword. But now I play 1.15.2 with many mods and for 1.15.2 are unfortunately not much good Ore Mods out there! So I created a, in my oppinion good Ore Mod with mutch ores and some stuff like craftebel Chainmail Armor ans craftebel Saddels and Horse Armor. But now I want to do the stuff like Upgraded or Updated Armor and Swords. The Armor is no problem and is get this easy but  now I want to make the Swords and my idea was to remake the Handprotection from the Swords and make them longer like normal Great Swords from the older Mods I played befor.

Is there any way to fix that or does that realy not work?

I hope I get a fast answer and maybe an answer that I understand, or which is written easy because unfortunately I don't speak English very well.

Thank you in advance to those who take care of my question! :D

Last seen on 18:02, 2. Jul 2021
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you're in luck this is…
Tue, 12/08/2020 - 15:56

you're in luck this is possible with blockbench. blockbench is web/software where you can make a model. you can edit the sword as you and click display to see how it looks in your hand when your done making it export it with OBJ model then open MCreator go to resources/ 3d model texture mapping the impor the OBJ model you made. now go to the sword you are making and wher it says normal click on your uploaded model.   

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ohh thank you. Sorry that i…
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 11:59

Ohh thank you. Sorry that i just answers now, but i stop to Modding for one year. But now i come back and saw this. Tank you.

But i have still a question:

How to do it in BlockBench? I know BlockBench but don't know how to do it. There are not good Tutorials, in my Opinion. And eaven if I just finnish doing a pig liked Model in Blockbench after two days, I dont get to do a texture on it. That means that i am not good enought jet to work with BolckBench. :)

Do you know someone usualy on YouTube how discribe the steps with BlockBench well? If yes, can you post Links to that?(Pleas not guys how don't speak Englisch very well, cause i am German and I am not the best in Englisch so that I would not understand him. Also i would prefer to got Links with German content! :) )

Sorry for my bad Englisch, hope you understand me and might can help me! :)

Last seen on 19:53, 2. Jun 2021
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
making the player entity…
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 18:57

making the player entity hold the great sword with 2  hands its no easy task, you need to create new rotations and animations, i wonder how it could be done too, maybe changing the display part on blockbench?

Last seen on 19:53, 2. Jun 2021
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
the thing is how to make the…
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 18:59

the thing is how to make the player model actually 'hold' the sword with both hands

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes you are right, but I…
Mon, 03/22/2021 - 06:35

Yes you are right, but I really don’t want to make it holding the sword with two hands, because I think it would be not Vanilla Styled and my goal is to try to make all my mods Vanilla Styled :) But thank you for try to help me ;) 

But the Comment from „pack“ is a pretty nice idea, I will try it in a few days because I work on a new ore Mod that is very Vanilla Styled from the logic and the textures, but at the same time I work on a Jungle Makeover Mod where I spawn a new Jungle Temple that is occupied and also add Jungle Zombie and Missy Skeleton. 
Both These Mods will be released in a few weeks or days on my page here on MCreator and on Curseforge.

Nice, now I've advertised a little :)

Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Like I said make a block…
Mon, 03/22/2021 - 11:56

Like I said make a block/item project and then export it or Mcreator and on your item where it says normal pick you project. Read my last message if you still don’t understand 

Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Let me know if anything is…
Mon, 03/22/2021 - 11:58

Let me know if anything is not working for you. Oh and you can change how the project looks in your hand with the display button on blockbench 

Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok thank you. I didn’t know…
Tue, 03/23/2021 - 12:42

Ok thank you. I didn’t know that there is a display button, but I did know how to do export and make a model. 
But thank you it helps me a lot!!!😄

Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You’re welcome 
Tue, 03/23/2021 - 14:53

You’re welcome