Strange fog Coloration in Custom Dimension, also mushrooms

Started by Bath_Toast on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:21, 30. Dec 2020
Joined Nov 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Strange fog Coloration in Custom Dimension, also mushrooms

Hey all, so I've recently added a new dimension in my mod that I intend to use for my mod pack, the whole theme is darkness. However, it seems when theres a problem or two.

Using the Nether generation, and setting the Fog to black, but the universal lighting is enabled

I sometimes find this weird issue where looking around will result in the fog changing color in some strange way 

Also, mushrooms spawn. This seems to be extremely rare as ive only found one instance of them. But is there any way to prevent this?

Last seen on 10:42, 27. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think the  mushrooms per…
Tue, 01/26/2021 - 07:30

I think the  mushrooms per chunk is in biome properties. Set it to zero. I don't know with the fog color, in my dimension, the fog which should be yellow sometimes turned orange when I looked in specific direction. But my dimension has overworld generation, maybe it has something to do with daytime.

Last seen on 11:13, 23. Mar 2024
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think the coloration is…
Tue, 06/07/2022 - 04:33

I think the coloration is due to the minecraft code generating it as a nether shaped dimension adding basic nether fog 

Last seen on 18:02, 22. Feb 2024
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
the weird fog happens in…
Wed, 06/08/2022 - 02:18

the weird fog happens in almost every dimension mod, like banana said, its because of daytime, my solution is to set the time to midnight or night but that only works on singleplayer.