Problem with flowing liquid texture - Please help!

Started by SirNopeALot on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 09:36, 10. Jan 2021
Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Problem with flowing liquid texture - Please help!

Hello, I'm working on a mod I call the EnderHaul mod, and one of the things this mod does is add in a fluid called tar (which is a lightless lava that generates in the End dimension). It should be simple enough; turns to obsidian with any contact with water, burns the player and slows them down considerably, etc. However I've already run into an issue with the textures. I've gone into MCreator's animated textures editor to create the textures, and while it worked fine on the still texture, the flowing texture looks enlarged or something. Originally they used the same texture, but I read on MCreator's page that the textures for flowing and still must be separate; despite this, the texture is still broken. If anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know! (I've attached an image but I am unsure if it will work).

Still texture works fine, but flowing texture seems to make the texture larger for unknown reasons.

Last seen on 14:43, 2. Aug 2022
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Look at the vanilla textures…
Thu, 12/24/2020 - 21:52

Look at the vanilla textures to get an idea of how they work.

Last seen on 04:19, 17. Apr 2024
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The flowing texture is…
Fri, 12/25/2020 - 02:29

The flowing texture is enlarged because it requires a 32x32 flowing texture. Simply use the flowing water/lava texture but make sure to choose 32x32 as the animation size rather than 16x16 (the default).

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did as instructed (created…
Fri, 12/25/2020 - 07:19

I did as instructed (created a new animated texture in MCreator and setting it's size to 32x32, named tar_flowing_retex5), but the issue still seemed to come up. Even when at twice the size, the flowing block still displayed the same enlarged texture.

Joined Dec 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I misunderstood; I enlarged…
Fri, 12/25/2020 - 07:26

I misunderstood; I enlarged the actual texture used for the frames and that seemed to do the trick. Thank you for your advice!

Last seen on 04:46, 14. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
idk if its relevant anymore…
Fri, 01/12/2024 - 20:00

idk if its relevant anymore after 3 years but now you can import the animated strip on animation texture maker inside mcreator; so all u need to do is recolor the vanilla water strip textures and save, import them :)