[FIXED] modded blocks aren't able to be placed on my server

Started by Oreli on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:12, 23. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[FIXED] modded blocks aren't able to be placed on my server
Sat, 02/27/2021 - 00:04 (edited)

to start things out, i did create the mod using a snapshot build. i used a snapshot build as i was putting this mod on my server, and i wasn't going to downgrade my server so that i could get the mod to work. i'm aware that using a snapshot version could have caused the issue i'm experiencing.

after compiling my mod for distribution, i uploaded it to my mcprohosting server and switched the server version to forge 1.16.4. my modded items, food, ranged items and all that jazz work just fine, but my modded entities and blocks will not be placed. in fact, they don't show up in the creative inventory unless i search for them. their tooltip says they're minecraft:air, despite that clearly not being the case. i also have a procedure that runs anytime a block is broken, and under certain circumstances, cancels it. whenever i break a block, an error appears in the console under that procedure's name.

i've googled this for a bit before coming here, and everything seems to line up fine with the answers i've found. i'm not running my server on vanilla, my mod isn't client side only, etc. so i'm not quite sure what could be causing this. any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Oreli on Sat, 02/27/2021 - 00:04
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
here's a bit more…
Sat, 02/20/2021 - 11:37

here's a bit more information as i'm still trying to fix this.

- the problem with the procedure not letting me break blocks and bugging out was because i detected if i had a modded mob in it, and unless it's a projectile, modded entities won't work either. removing the check for the entity let me break blocks perfectly fine.

- the mod works perfectly fine in singleplayer for multiple people.

- i've read that in order to fix this i need to copy a config file to a folder, but i don't have any config files in my mod.

Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh, and modded crafting…
Sat, 02/20/2021 - 11:40

oh, and modded crafting recipes also work fine, except those for blocks.

Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i'd still like any help with…
Mon, 02/22/2021 - 15:54

i'd still like any help with this i can get, please

Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
i managed to finally fix…
Sat, 02/27/2021 - 00:04

i managed to finally fix this

turns out i had two GUIs linked to a block and a mob. those GUIs had done something to screw it up, and so those two things wouldn't compile properly. by removing the GUIs, the mod started working again.