Two plant placement/growth condition bugs (2021.1)

Started by Sajevius on Sat, 05/08/2021 - 12:05

Topic category: Troubleshooting, bugs, and solutions

Last seen on 20:31, 12. Jun 2021
Joined Aug 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Two plant placement/growth condition bugs (2021.1)
Sat, 05/08/2021 - 12:11 (edited)

I was happy that 2021.1 introduced the option to select the blocks that a plant can be placed/grow on. But now, using it, it seems to be bugged to the point that made continuing a bugfix on my mod frustratingly impossible. Let me explain:

  • First thing I did is that I created a plant, set its plant type to caves, and used the "optional list of blocks" field to specify valid blocks for it. When I went to test it in the client, I couldn't place the plant on any block! Nope, not a single one! 
  • Discovering that it didn't work, I then proceeded to delete the blocks in the optional list and decided to use the "additional placing/growth condition" check (procedure) instead. And I kept the caves plant type unchanged. Here's what my procedure looked like: https://i.imgur.com/TKxlEDj.png. The placement worked this time; I was able to only place it on the specified blocks! But whenever I set the plant to generate on a particular biome and my spawnpoint is in that exact same biome (Forest, for example), the console shows an "unable to find spawn biome" warning, which it says is a server error! Then the game just freezes in world creation. No crashes, no responses from the client... nothing but that one warning. Ugh :/

I just wanna know how I can make my plant placeable on the blocks shown in the image, without giving any error. Please, if anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Sajevius on Sat, 05/08/2021 - 12:11
First thing I did is that I…
Sun, 05/09/2021 - 07:41
  • First thing I did is that I created a plant, set its plant type to caves, and used the "optional list of blocks" field to specify valid blocks for it. When I went to test it in the client, I couldn't place the plant on any block! Nope, not a single one! 

Please open a bug report for this on github and include a workspace with a demo plant showing this issue.

Last seen on 20:31, 12. Jun 2021
Joined Aug 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
alright, will do :)
Mon, 05/10/2021 - 08:03

alright, will do :)