Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ctrl Left Click on element and dragging only highlights, not move

According to the video for 2021.1, it says to press the control key and left click an element and drag it to the new folder.  When I do it with Control or Shift and drag, all it does is draw a selection around what I'm trying to drag and anything between this element and the folder I'm trying to move it into.  Is there some enabling or disabling that needs to be done?  Seems so simple to drag and drop, but not seeing it work with or without the control key.  What am I missing?  Thanks!

Last seen on 01:27, 24. Jan 2023
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
just doubl click  
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 02:22

just doubl click

Last seen on 01:27, 24. Jan 2023
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ctrl doesnt work  
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 02:22

ctrl doesnt work

Last seen on 11:26, 19. Apr 2024
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Double clicking the element…
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 02:53

Double clicking the element only opens the properties to it.  Double clicking the new Folder opens the folder, but doesn't have choice to move files once your in the folder.  Gotta be another not so obvious step I'm missing. lol

Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks Klemen, that did it…
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 15:28

Thanks Klemen, that did it. Seems very unnatural to do it that way.  Do you think that a normal click and drag will get implemented to be consistent what users already know?  -Steve

Click + drag was kept for…
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 15:38

Click + drag was kept for selections. Dragging outside elements as in explorer.exe is not possible due to the way the component we use reports mouse events

Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Got it and I understand now…
Tue, 05/11/2021 - 17:10

Got it and I understand now.  I just tried on a test workspace using that method to copy files to the folders. What I saw is that the elements stayed in the main folder, a copy was added to the subfolder which is fine.  However, when I started removing elements I didn't want in some folders (should be in another), it delete the element completely from the workspace, not just the copy that was in the folder.  Perhaps it should not have copied the file, but moved them instead or the UI didn't update showing the same?  I've been so longing for this feature to keep things better organized, so thanks for getting into the latest build!