User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom biome bugs and feature requests
Tue, 05/18/2021 - 16:50 (edited)

Putting lakes into the biome causes trees and plants to float above the lakes, and adding bamboo doesn't do anything, and i'm pretty sure neither does adding tall grass or swamp vegetation. not sure what frozen top layer is supposed to do but seems to also do nothing.

There used to be custom tree schematics but this seems to have been replaced with retextured vanilla trees. I guess i could do this with structures but it would be a lot nicer if you could define a group of schematics (for tree variants) that could be selected directly from the biome menu.

I also want the lakes to almost always contain fish, but this doesn't work since even putting fish at 100 spawn weight doesn't spawn any. mushrooms don't seem to spawn (i have them at 10 per chunk currently but haven't seen a single one yet).

I want lilypads and more water vegetation but there's no option for it. (i thought swamp vegetation might do this but it doesn't do anything).

Since I'm here, creating a wood pack should give the logs and planks the correct tags so the leaves don't despawn from trees and the planks can be used in recipes, it is weird that it gives you a recipe for sticks but not anything else, when you could literally just give it the correct tag and it'll work for everything. The pack should also contain doors, trapdoors, boats and signs. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it but why are all the textures in MCreator just off-brand versions of the originals? can the originals not be used for legal reasons? One last thing, I have particles that I want to destroy when they touch the ground, this should be easy as the particle destroy trigger says onGround is a thing, but I can't see any way of using it, the only thing is an entity on ground check, which doesn't work because the particles aren't entities.

Edited by StealthyTurnip2 on Tue, 05/18/2021 - 16:50
Last seen on 00:56, 7. Feb 2022
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm having the same issue. I…
Tue, 07/13/2021 - 21:41

I'm having the same issue. I also found that no granite, diorite, or andesite generate in custom biomes either. The water creatures entity tag seems bugged as well. I'll likely just wait until these bugs are fixed to work on my mod.

Last seen on 15:48, 28. Jun 2023
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
these are problems everyone…
Sun, 08/01/2021 - 15:56

these are problems everyone who makes mods using mcreator find and can't do anything about. i hope developers actually reply to this