Need help with procedure to replace blocks with another block

Started by Reael on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 21:29, 7. Jun 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help with procedure to replace blocks with another block

So since I can't determine at which height my custom biom should spawn snow instead of dirt I wanted to get a procedure done for it. Needless to say that I didn't know wtf I was doing at the beginning so I watched some Tutorials. Now I know technically what I have to do to get it to work but I kind of fail to find the components within the procedures?

Hard to explain. I start with an if/else/do command and I want if to determine if a block on the y axis (height) is dirt and if it is, to replace it with snow. But... I can't find anything that would let me put together a procedure that tries to find out what kind of block it is. I guess many tutorials are just outdated but even if they aren't they just show a finished procedure, not how to actually put the components together and where to find them.

I attached an image of what I mean. Many tutorials show a section where one actually can ask for a certain block and if it's available. I can find everything but this one thing. I don't even know what to look for or search for. Did it get removed? If so how else can I replace existing blocks with others upon world generation?