• Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
*SOLVED* Plugins Don't Work On Mac OS

*SOLVED* Plugins Don't Work On Mac OS 

Introduction:

Hi and welcome to my first tutorial!

I saw quite a lot of people having problems installing the Fabric Generator Plugin. I had the problem as well, didn't find a solution here, so I found one myself! And here it is. Enjoy the tutorial and if you have any questions, let me know in the comments!

The Problem I Had ​​​​(This is a copy-paste of the question I asked on the forum myself)​​​:

Hi!

So I tried to install the Fabric Generator plugin so I could make fabric mods on my MacBook. I used the following tutorial to install the mod: https://mcreator.net/wiki/how-make-fabric-based-mod-minecraft

However, when I go to "Manage plugins", click "Load Plugin" and open the zip file. The window closes and nothing happens or changes. When I restart MCreator, click "new workspace" and then click fabric on the left side of the screen under "Workspace Type", it says: "No plugins supporting this generator type are currently installed." I have searched the whole site and the whole internet for solutions, and found out that the version of the plugin and MCreator may are not compatible. So I checked, but I have both the latest versions which are compatible, so I really have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully one of you guys know?

The Solution:

1. Download the plugin you want. Make sure the version of the plugin and the version of the MCreator software you are using are compatible.
  2. Press CMD + Spacebar and type "Terminal". Then press enter.
  3. Type "open ~/.mcreator" and press enter.
  4. Open the "Plugin" folder
  5. Drag and Drop the zip file in the folder. Unzip it, and delete the zip file. Now you have only the unzipped file form the plugin in the plugin folder.
  6. Close the folders.
  7. Start MCreator and select "New Workspace".
  8. Under "Workspace Type" on the left side of your screen, you should be able to choose the generator you want.

It should work!

Hopefully this solution works for you too. If you have any questions. Let me know in the comments!

Last seen on 03:23, 19. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you so much! you…
Mon, 08/23/2021 - 12:59

Thank you so much! you solved all my problems

Last seen on 17:56, 16. Jun 2022
Joined Jun 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you so much for these…
Thu, 06/16/2022 - 17:56

Thank you so much for these instructions! I’ve been trying to download spigot plugin for 3 days now and nothing has worked. I’ve tried countless forums and YouTube videos and finally this was something that worked. I just wanted to say thank you for finding out how to add plugins on a Mac. I really appreciate users who give back to the community.  
Thank You

P.S. When I download the doughnut file it was already in the form of a folder.

😁

Last seen on 12:02, 20. Mar 2024
Joined Jan 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW…
Mon, 02/27/2023 - 20:54

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GRATEFUL I AM

You saved me so many hours of stress, thank you so much!!!