Topic category: User side tutorials
*SOLVED* Plugins Don't Work On Mac OS
Hi and welcome to my first tutorial!
I saw quite a lot of people having problems installing the Fabric Generator Plugin. I had the problem as well, didn't find a solution here, so I found one myself! And here it is. Enjoy the tutorial and if you have any questions, let me know in the comments!
The Problem I Had (This is a copy-paste of the question I asked on the forum myself):
So I tried to install the Fabric Generator plugin so I could make fabric mods on my MacBook. I used the following tutorial to install the mod: https://mcreator.net/wiki/how-make-fabric-based-mod-minecraft
However, when I go to "Manage plugins", click "Load Plugin" and open the zip file. The window closes and nothing happens or changes. When I restart MCreator, click "new workspace" and then click fabric on the left side of the screen under "Workspace Type", it says: "No plugins supporting this generator type are currently installed." I have searched the whole site and the whole internet for solutions, and found out that the version of the plugin and MCreator may are not compatible. So I checked, but I have both the latest versions which are compatible, so I really have no idea how to fix this. Hopefully one of you guys know?
- MCreator version: 2021.1
- Plugin Version: According to this link: https://mcreator.net/plugin/64512/mcreator-fabric-generator it should be compatible with 2021.1
The website says: "Supported MCreator versions: 2021.1"
- Download the plugin you want. Make sure the version of the plugin and the version of the MCreator software you are using are compatible.
- Press CMD + Spacebar and type "Terminal". Then press enter.
- Type "open ~/.mcreator" and press enter.
- Open the "Plugin" folder
- Drag and Drop the zip file in the folder. Unzip it, and delete the zip file. Now you have only the unzipped file form the plugin in the plugin folder.
- Close the folders.
- Start MCreator and select "New Workspace".
- Under "Workspace Type" on the left side of your screen, you should be able to choose the generator you want.
It should work!
Hopefully this solution works for you too. If you have any questions. Let me know in the comments!