User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
We should be able to use Vanilla potions in all recipes
Sat, 06/19/2021 - 16:14 (edited)

Currently we can't select the Vanilla MC potions like Instant Health, Poison, Invisibility... etc and their splash and lingering variants in recipes such as crafting or smelting, but the most important would be in Brewing. Also I would like to recommend that we should be able to select as I mentioned the Vanilla ones, and also the ones that the potion generates when you check the 'Register potion effect bottles' checkbox in the Potion effect element.

It would be fundamental in cases when you want to use the already existing potions in recipes, and you would like to add your own potion items to a recipe.

Currently if you want to make a potion, let's call it for the example 'Ignite', you should make a food item, set it's properties, then make a procedure that will apply the potion effect to you when you eat(in this case drink) that food item, then you should make a procedure to set what the actual potion effect does.

It is useful if you don't want to apply the potion for the in-built 3 min and you want custom time, but for Instant potions like 'Ignite' it is very struggling. Maybe you can make the food item easily, but if you want a splash variant, then you should make a ranged item next, and for lingering potion, to be honest I have no idea how could it be done without codes.

Also in recipes the 'Water bottle/Any potion' should be separated into Water bottle, Awkward Potion and Any Potion, because now you could even brew your potion with a simple water bottle.

Edited by Warrior_M on Sat, 06/19/2021 - 16:14
Last seen on 23:21, 17. Jun 2022
Joined Apr 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can't use potions in…
Sat, 06/19/2021 - 17:02

You can't use potions in crafting table or any furnace's input (output was hooked by forge) since potions have only one item for them and their effects are defined in nbt tags but crafting table nor furnace checks for nbt when crafting. 

But I agree about brewing stand since it checks for nbt.