How can I give an effect to an entity?

Started by AllyInkling on Fri, 07/30/2021 - 23:01

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can I give an effect to an entity?
Sat, 07/31/2021 - 06:41 (edited)
Hi, I'm making a mod of mine and I would like to know how to give 
an effect to a mob other than throwing a potion at it
Edited by AllyInkling on Sat, 07/31/2021 - 06:41
Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how would you like the…
Sat, 07/31/2021 - 23:15

how would you like the effect to be applied? is it like when they spawn they get an effect, right clicking or left clicking the target

I suggest you check our…
Sun, 08/01/2021 - 09:00

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
  Well if that, I mean I…
Mon, 08/02/2021 - 03:43

 

Well if that, I mean I need when it is generated, I need the entity to have the potion effect that I want

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
if its a custom mod there is…
Wed, 08/04/2021 - 02:00

if its a custom mod there is a trigger for when the mob spawns, in there add the "apply potion effect" to it for what ever level, and if you want it to permanently have the effect make the time very long

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can you send a screenshot of…
Wed, 08/04/2021 - 22:13

Can you send a screenshot of how I would have to put the trigger?

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
https://imgur.com/a/jHrq2tR…
Thu, 08/05/2021 - 20:05

https://imgur.com/a/jHrq2tR

open the mob go to "trigger" at the bottom and copy this (you might need to change the time it lasts for since I think there is a cap on how long mcreator will let you put before it stops working)

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
also remember it uses tick…
Thu, 08/05/2021 - 20:08

also remember it uses tick speed not seconds, that means 1 sec = 20 tick just multiply the amount of time you in seconds by 20, and if you want it to have it permanently make the number as big  

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks the truth, it will…
Thu, 08/05/2021 - 23:55

Thanks the truth, it will help me a lot in my projects, and just in case you know how to do that but in a GUI of the entity? , that is, a slot that adds the potion effect to the entity , if you do not know, there is a no problem, you helped me a lot, I wait for your answer

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know whether or not…
Sat, 08/07/2021 - 05:09

I don't know whether or not you are good at English but that is kinda hard to read, so what I gather is you want a gui for a mob, and if that slot has a potion it will get that effect yes? if so

 

step 1:make a gui with one input slot

step 2: make it so when you right click the mob you get the gui to open

step 3: make a procedure for the mob tick that checks the potion in that slot, do this for every potion you want to work

step 4: in that step 3 procedure add the effect of that potion after it checks and finds the potion in that slot

 

I would like to show you images of how to do this, but I'm too busy and won't be able to get you those to help you do this faster, hope this could help you, it shouldn't be too hard (also if you want to change out the potion for custom items you made you can do that too) 

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
  Thanks the truth, I will…
Sun, 08/08/2021 - 00:37

 

Thanks the truth, I will try to see how it works, although I have no problem waiting for you to send a screenshot, I have a lot of time to be able to make my mod so I could wait for the screenshot

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
no no, the problem is I won…
Sun, 08/08/2021 - 02:31

no no, the problem is I won't be able to make a demo of it on mcreator, due to how busy I am, I hope you could be able to find the way to making it work by following the steps I provided, but you also have a chance of someone else sending you screenshots, anyways good luck with it!

Last seen on 22:53, 18. Sep 2021
Joined Feb 2020
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, I want your help…
Thu, 08/19/2021 - 08:21
Well, I want your help rather, that you send me a capture of how it is done, please, I only ask that to
 complete my mod
Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I will help you now, though…
Thu, 08/19/2021 - 23:38

I will help you now, though it might take a while, I have a lot of things to work on at the moment, I'm also helping a few others as well

Last seen on 17:56, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Nov 2019
Points:

User statistics:

  • Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
https://imgur.com/a/GZsK7dW…
Fri, 08/20/2021 - 01:56

https://imgur.com/a/GZsK7dW

here you go, I had a hard time using potions since you can't just select a potion, (since it doesn't show any of them) so I had to opt on using items instead, you can also select any effect given to the mod when it had the item you want, (I used glowing to see if it would take effect) also if you want to make the spawn with an effect here, 

https://imgur.com/a/YFa9EjB

it has a 70% chance of spawning with the item, and 30% it gets nothing, you can change these values and add more slots to get even more powerups/effects. Hope I could help