add item from one mod to another

Started by Abra on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 14:10, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
add item from one mod to another
Fri, 08/13/2021 - 19:54 (edited)

Good evening mcreator community have a question fo ya all.
Started creating "ice and fire" armors upgrade mod. So far made models which work in game but can only be added while being in creative mode
Here is a question: is it possible and if it is, how to add items from "ice and fire" mod just to craft those armors i made. like for example i need dragon steel ingot from that mod to upgrade regular "ice and fire" (dragon steel armors) into self made ones, how to add "dragon steel ingot" and those "armors" to my mod?
Sorry if its something really easy to do, started to mod this week so my knowledge in mc modding is really low.

Edited by Abra on Fri, 08/13/2021 - 19:54
Last seen on 09:09, 25. Apr 2024
Joined Dec 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
theres probably multiple…
Tue, 08/17/2021 - 21:25

theres probably multiple ways to do it but one I know is that you can :

Step 1 : make a recipe with different blocks from minecraft for each item for ice and fire ou plan to use (if you want to use two different ingots from ice and fire mod use 2 different items from minecraft)

Step 2 : edit the code of the recipe and replace the id of the minecraft item with those of the ice and fire mod (make sure to type it entirely and properly).

Step 3 : you can lock code in case you don't want it to reset when you change MCreator version or edit the recipe from the editor

Last seen on 14:10, 17. Sep 2021
Joined Aug 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
sorry for the late reply,…
Wed, 08/25/2021 - 00:02

sorry for the late reply, found answer on how to do it at the same day i made the post, so I did not checkout the replies here. and yes answer i found was exactly the same, it does work perfectly.
Even tho your reply did not reach me i hope that your comment will help some one searching for the similar answer, thanks for yours time and help.