Feature Requests (Procedures, Plants, Textures, etc.)

Started by ViperousDeer on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 01:07, 21. Nov 2022
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Feature Requests (Procedures, Plants, Textures, etc.)
Sat, 09/04/2021 - 07:04 (edited)

I don't claim to be an expert on MCreator but these are the things I've continuously wanted/haven't discovered a way to achieve/noticed there could be an easier way to achieve/have seen other people struggle with as well.

ANIMATIONS:
-flying animations (left and right wing, both constant flapping options, and ONLY flapping when airborne options) (popular topic I've seen people trying to overcome in forums)
-animal eating animation (rotates head down like horse or sheep, bobs it several times, lifts it back up)

PROCEDURES:
-ability for an entity to have texture variations (example: rabbits, horses, cats, and sheep all have different color varieties). Either a procedure to pull textures from your already-uploaded textures, which you could combine with a randomizer. OR create a dropdown menu in the entity creation tabs so that you simply select the desired textures and it automatically randomizes. (popular topic I've seen people trying to overcome in forums)
-as a subcategory of the above suggestion, have the ability for entities to have overlay textures (example: horses have 7 base colors and 4 additional overlays, creating their 35 variations of horse. Horse armor is also an overlay).
-ability for entity to target/follow a specific other entity type
-ability to select a specific entity type for another entity to breed with (allowing male/female/hybrid variations)
-ability to recognize the head block/section of an entity (example: drowning in quicksand, currently the best method is to inflict damage when your feet touch the third block below air, which means it oddly effects tiny entities or very tall entities) 
-Ability to control how high an entity can jump (through procedures or creation menu)

PLANTS(I was very excited about the most recent plant updates, but I would love to see a few more things added):
-option for plants to be climbable (like vines/ladder)
-option for plant to spread/grow (like vines) vertically and horizontally (U/D/N/E/S/W)
-option for plants to have random rotation (like how lily pads can face N/E/S/W)
-option for plants to have specific glowing parts based on a secondary texture (entities have this ability but plants/blocks do not--without the whole block/plant glowing)

ETC:
-I don't know how possible this is, but when giving entities a glow texture (example: spider eyes), the color-balancing process is extremely complicated. Based on its current lightness/darkness scale, balancing is incredibly difficult if not impossible to get the exact color of the original base model. Using a black/white/greyscale drastically washes out the colors; transparency or variations of saturation also drastically effects the model's colors (super saturated, washed out, etc.). If possible, my suggestion would enable transparency to function, working like an overlay similar to my second recommendation under "PROCEDURES". Invisible/blank/transparent parts of the glow texture would allow the base colors to come through unaffected in any way. However, any part of the glow texture with color is unaffected by shadows, making it look like its glowing in darkness (example: spider's glow texture would literally have nothing BUT the eyes on it).

Edited by ViperousDeer on Sat, 09/04/2021 - 07:04
Last seen on 15:35, 7. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
All you say is in mcreator…
Fri, 09/03/2021 - 09:39

All you say is in mcreator yet. For the animation use geckolib