Joined Apr 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More GUI Support, please this would be so beneficial

I feel the gui system in Mcreator is very primitive. It would be great to have custom button images and lists options. Like how the stone cutter can list out objects, or how we can scroll down and on the loom table.

Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I agree, a scroll thing…
Fri, 09/10/2021 - 20:45

I agree, a scroll thing would be very useful

Last seen on 10:50, 25. Apr 2024
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The whole GUI interaction…
Tue, 12/28/2021 - 15:06

The whole GUI interaction has been neglected (IMO) due to other more important features that rightfully, added more value at the time.  MCreator (now v2021.3) has evolved substantially over the last few years but the GUI editing choices is lacking additional functionality that could make mods look better visually for GUI interactions.  Here are a few examples which all are possible in Java but not sure if it is available in Minecraft code itself to be reused.  These enhancements will help MCreator stand out more and potentially get more users because of the flexibility it would provide.

Text Fields:

• add hover-over event to allow for hover text to explain its purpose.  The text could be abbreviated, but hover text more detailed instructing the user what to do.
  • add text resizing option. Sometimes a short text field causes alignment issues and needs to be resized to fit with others.
  • add background text color that compliments the color of the text itself. For example: black background with white or yellow text so the text is more distinctly accented.

Buttons:

• Similar to hover-over events for text (help), it too should be provided on buttons.  So if a button has "repair" as the text, the hover-over could say "Repairs item in your hand".
  • Add an option for background color or image
  • Add a resize option on the button itself so it aligns within UI better.
  • Add text color on the button to match the color or background image
  • Add button template types (rounded corners, square, oval, rectangle, circle, etc.)
  • Add offsets on for left, top, right, bottom positions of the text on the button.
  • Add condition to show button template or just the text which would be clickable/actionable just like a button (without the image of the button). 
  • Fix button display condition to show the help text (?) and add procedure that will work for conditionalizing the display of the button.  I looked at all procedures and found no condition that I could say if player has command level of 4 (or other condition), display the button, make it read only or hide the button completely.  That's typically what a visibility condition would provide.

Thanks! -Steve