To ALL MCreator modders, READ this please! (i might be wrong)

Started by myxical on

Topic category: User side tutorials

Last seen on 23:47, 20. Jan 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
To ALL MCreator modders, READ this please! (i might be wrong)

I am pretty confident this is true. When making any new food the saturation you put in is the saturation-to-hunger restoration ratio, not the saturation value!

Why do I think so? Because I saw food that restores insane amount of saturation like 100 or 400 - that's clearly not by design!

I know this because I used Appleskin with popular MCreator mods, here are examples:

• Farm Adventure II (lemonade gives 13 saturation points and 2.5 hunger, tomato or orange give 9.5 and 2 hunger)
  • The Desolat (cuctur sap gives 12 saturation points and 2 hunger, smurr berries give 4.5 and also 2 hunger)
  • Xenoclus 2 (ice cream gives 13 saturation points and 2.5 hunger, goldberry pie gives 39 saturation and 4 hunger points
  • Mexicraft (uninstalled the mod and forgot, can't bother installing again, but some food had like 100 saturation)
  • My own personal mods - trying to make a food that restored the entire saturation bar gives 400 saturation instead, and my golden berries that are supposed to be the same as golden carrots in terms of saturation is 44 saturation!

I'm not calling anyone out, it's totally not their fault, just no one noticed - including myself until now.

Next time when making food refer to this wiki page, and play test your mod with appleskin, just to make sure. Keep the vanilla values. Now go, better fix your mods before someone in your comment section complains about your mod - or my mod (whenever I release one) - being broken.

And note to MCreator devs: rename Saturation to Saturation ratio and include a notice about this in the [?] sign if this is the case. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

Last seen on 14:03, 18. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Maybe it was intentional…
Sun, 09/12/2021 - 14:17

Maybe it was intentional choices of the modders to have foods with high saturation, but in case check the saturation of vanilla foods on the official wiki

Last seen on 23:47, 20. Jan 2024
Joined May 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I dont think so. Really? a…
Sun, 09/12/2021 - 16:56

I dont think so. Really? a lemon with almost 10 saturation?

also explain how my own mod had the same issue

Last seen on 19:36, 13. Nov 2022
Joined Nov 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I noticed this when placing…
Fri, 09/17/2021 - 14:34

I noticed this when placing my mod into its modpack, glad someone else noticed this

Last seen on 03:38, 20. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just remember; setting the…
Mon, 02/28/2022 - 16:29

Just remember; setting the saturation value to "1" will fill the entire saturation bar. The value is based on a percentage, like 0.6 for 60% of the bar.