Anyway to translate the Minecraft source code into Mcreator elements?

Started by Jvep1 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 21:17, 23. Nov 2021
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Anyway to translate the Minecraft source code into Mcreator elements?

Is there a way to to take code, classes, models, textures, and the like from Minecraft and import them into Mcreator as Mcreator elements?

For example, if I wanted to make a new farm crop, it would be cool to be able to import wheat or something and see how wheat works inside Mcreator. Seeing how procedures are supposed to be coded and structured would really helpful to a complete noob like myself who barely knows anything about Java and programming language in general.
I am attempting to make a custom crop but its 3rd and final stage changes to two blocks high and when it grows into that stage, only the bottom block/section of the plant is loaded in

I watched https://youtu.be/yuXvYvy9T68  and  https://youtu.be/rcr5p98RMf4 which were helpful but I'm still missing something and I feel like its some real small easy-to-miss detail.

I know Mcreator has access to the source code built into the program itself but Mcreator's visual aspects are definitely carrying me through mod development lol and I've noticed not everything is perfect without knowing some code lingo. Whats with the chicken model in Mcreator? Its wings are constantly spinning and I have no idea how to stop it lol

Last seen on 18:20, 15. May 2023
Joined Feb 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm pretty sure MCreator…
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 21:26

I'm pretty sure MCreator will not let you import .jar or .zip or any other mod files due to the risks of people copying someone else's work.

For example, if you got the JAR file for JEI, you could copy the whole mod and tweak it, which would be breaking the license attached to the mod.

Even though I'm not an MCreator expert, I know this is probably not a feature.