Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[Feature Request] Templates for Mod Elements

I'd like to have an option when you generate a new block (I'm using a block for this example, but it could be any mod element) that lets you use a template from a vanilla block. It would auto-fill all the options with the options of that block, and you then modify the settings to get what you want. 

I feel that this would make creating many blocks much easier. Perhaps you could also create your own templates, or use your own blocks as templates. 

For example, instead of fiddling around for ages trying to find all the right settings to make a leaf block, I could just use an oak leaf template and be done in barely 5 minutes. 

Last seen on 00:52, 21. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
but those are for textures…
Wed, 10/13/2021 - 04:23

but those are for textures. unless i'm mistaken, they're asking for an option to generate settings like block hardness and random model offset based on pre-existing vanilla blocks. (i.e., choose to generate a new block based on iron ore, and all the attributes of iron ore would be applied to your new block)

Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
oh I see, sorry for that,…
Wed, 10/13/2021 - 04:34

oh I see, sorry for that, but this is already possible with Wood/Ore etc etc Packs