Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Transparency on Leaves

I'm trying to make leaves for custom trees. I made everything else about the tree. But the problem is, they only decay when the base block is leaves. Which would be totally fine, if not for the fact that the leaf base also disables the use of transparency at all and just makes the transparent parts black. Is there a way to keep them decaying like leaves but also allowing them to stay transparent in those areas?

Last seen on 04:28, 26. Jan 2024
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
by setting the texture to…
Sat, 10/30/2021 - 22:15

by setting the texture to cutout and putting tag:LEAVE

Last seen on 10:04, 4. Sep 2022
Joined Jun 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just make it blank where you…
Sun, 10/31/2021 - 10:35

Just make it blank where you want transparent in the texture and when you play, make sure to set graphics to fancy and i dont remeber the name, but there is an option to set leaves transparent (cutted out)

Last seen on 01:07, 21. Nov 2022
Joined Mar 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you select the base block…
Wed, 12/22/2021 - 06:55

If you select the base block of “leaves” you cannot edit the transparency, which was the OP’s problem. it’ll be greyed out and unclickable.

@TempWaord as long as your actual texture has transparent parts, the problem should be in your actual graphic settings in game. After joining a world, hit esc > options > video settings > graphics: ……. It will probably say “graphics: fast”. Change it to “graphics: fancy”. Bam.