I came very far, in a short time! I am stuck with something. Can you take a look on it please?

Started by MD91 on

Topic category: Advanced modding

Last seen on 10:46, 28. Nov 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I came very far, in a short time! I am stuck with something. Can you take a look on it please?
Tue, 11/09/2021 - 16:54 (edited)

Dear Klemen,

First of all I thank you for this good massive concept, Mcreator has so far. I already added 2 new entitys (I had a lot of trials before I had a good result), I added lots of brewing potions, created countless procedures, sound and particles and last but not least, I developed with the help of Northwest Tree gaming an operator which counts from 0 on each passed sunrise till 23999 before next sunrise passes. Without Mcreator and your work, I would not be able to come this far all alone! Maybe within years, but not within 2 or 3 weeks! Thank YOU for that! Honestly! This is a big jump!

Now I think, I need to code myself. But now I can't get any further on my own. Nor was there anyone who did a tutorial about what I plan to do. Namely, let my own villager entitys sleep in beds. I am making a girls village mod. Based on a vanilla minecraft villager every days life, I want to adapt a lot of their behaviors for the girl residents, so that they use these tasks as well.
I tried different things, but I failed over and over. Especially I don't know yet how to code this right and set up the methods correctly.

What I'd like to ask for and what gives it to me, if you would answer me?

I hope to see how to code this: Trigger the event: "minecraft:schedule_bed_villager" from the behavior pack, setup the frame conditions like the MOD operator tick 0 up to 9000 for Custom:DefenderGirl. If this is true, the girl returns her home and goes to bed. If false (tick is 9000 or higher), the event ends, will not called or gets even timed out.

That's it! I just want to trigger this behavior. I don't mind if I need to do something else, if my first thought won't work. So I learn something different, to reach my goal. The "public (class) SleepAtHomeTask()" is an attractive option as well, I think. In the case of Tasks, I trigger all the behaviors in tasks. Apart from drink potion or eat food, the most of the tasks I need to add are available as well there. But after I had seen once how to do this, I can trigger any other behavior events depending on time or situation. Based on how I leaned to code sleep in Bed. I hope learned by you, because I don't know what to do without outside help.

I consider myelf to adapt the behavior from the vanilla behavior pack, create an own behavior pack for the girls and use it as far as it's possible with forge e.g. trigger event "minecraft:schedule_bed_villager". This has 3 reasons.

- 1. I potentially can let my entitys use healing potions and foods that's their life insurance. In the task I did not seen so far how to do this there. By the way: How can I add some enemys for them like Zombies or Skeletons, like I have ingame? But at least Zombies should be interested in the girls. They are Villagers.

-2. I hope I am able to trigger the events in the pack as mentioned:schedule_bed_villager by forge. But I don't know yet what is possible and whats the way it's possible.

-3 The behavior pack covers almost everything what the entitys should do. And I think its not too different to add an another behavior to eat meat or whatever else. And the behavior pack offers itself theoretically for my goals, what can make a good start for a beginner like me. The Tasks are a good option as well. But the disadvantage is the "minecraft:schedule_home_villager" might only available in bedrock edition.

A last Question I have: How can I define a point of interest, that gets visited, while it's raining in the minecraft world during the gather time?

I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you for your time and your patience.

Edited by MD91 on Tue, 11/09/2021 - 16:54
Last seen on 10:46, 28. Nov 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So this topic was updated?…
Wed, 11/10/2021 - 10:46

So this topic was updated? But I can't find any updates here.